Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Famous Egg Owners

Options
I saw Jimmy K.'s outdoor kitchen. This morning on the Today show they had a segment for Al Roker's birthday... Look at what was on his back porch.

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
Dallas, TX

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    May be a couple of eggs. Looks like a cover is off one just to the left of the young man, while further left is another BGE cover on an egg.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I hear @nolaegghead and @cazzy have eggs.

There is also a rumor that @SGH has one or 2.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I'm a little surprised that Al doesn't have a nicer patio than that.  Of course he may live in NYC and that 20 square feet of patio is worth 2 million dollars. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TheShaytoon
    Options
    I think he does live in the city... He rides his bike to work.

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

• namealreadytaken
    Options
    If you go to Zac Brown's place in Senoia,Ga(yes, the home of the Zombies)and get a bite to eat, there's a good chance it was cooked on an egg.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    DMW said:
    I hear @nolaegghead and @cazzy have eggs.

There is also a rumor that @SGH has one or 2.
    If that's the case then I think @badinfluence is the most famous of them all!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    bud812 said:

I hear that @henapple has one too, he's purdy famous round these parts.

I'm a legend. ..in my own mind.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    henapple said:
    I'm a legend. ..in my own mind.
    Arn't we all. 8-}

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• DaveRichardson
    Options

If you go to Zac Brown's place in Senoia,Ga(yes, the home of the Zombies)and get a bite to eat, there's a good chance it was cooked on an egg.

I can just about guarantee it'll be cooked on an egg! They even take eggs on tour with them!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    The new mini max is being bought as my urn for my ashes when I'm cremated. Might be sooner then later if i keep getting eggs. :))
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @DMW‌
    Brother it's just rumor. I cook on a weber smokey joe ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Options
    Not to hijack the thread but @badinfluence‌ when are we going to see a pic of the entire BGE family? Would love to see them all together in one place.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    Not to hijack the thread but @badinfluence‌ when are we going to see a pic of the entire BGE family? Would love to see them all together in one place.
    <br/I'd like that too.that would be neat.
  • badinfluence
    Options
    How but now. 3 are missing as they were outside makungbdinner. 2 large and 1med. We're absent.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • SGH
    Options
    @badinfluence‌
    Brother that's impressive to say the least.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• badinfluence
    Options
    Well heck i only counted 6 in that picture. I Was Wrong 4 Were Mia During The Photo shoot. Lol

@sgh thanks before long you will have more then me as you can eat alot more then I can. Lol

Clinton, Iowa
  • SGH
    Options
    @badinfluence‌
    Have you used the XXL very much? If so what are your thoughts on it?

Status- Standing by.

• badinfluence
    Options
    @sgh no I haven't used it much. Work and cooks and racing keep me pretty busy in the summer but cooks and racing are about done for the year so hoping to get alot of use this winter.

who needs a heated garage anyways I can just fire all the eggs...lol

Clinton, Iowa
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the pic. I love the way it looks like the XXL in the back is getting ready to devour the Mini ala Pac-Man.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Better pic of the poor mini about to be eaten alive

Clinton, Iowa
  • tcampbell
    Options
    Yes good pic.I want to see that dude rolled out in front. Lol
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Will try this Sunday if it's nice out. Hearing rumors of 100 degrees though. That to me is not very nice.

Clinton, Iowa
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    bud812 said:

Pretty sure the word you're looking for is infamous, at least as it pertains to the naked bacon pic. I swear that photo has permanently scarred me for life.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tcampbell
    Options
    100 in Iowa that hot.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    When I'm famous I'm gonna host an egging naked pizza cookoff. Lower vents must be open 650℉ and above only & no manscaping. >:) okay me and the Mrs had a couple cocktails tonight so, flag away. :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    How but now. 3 are missing as they were outside makungbdinner. 2 large and 1med. We're absent.
    Awesome collection, but that XL hasn't seen a cook yet.  When you gonna break it in?  Can't tell about the rest with the lids closed.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Some of the Food Network chefs (besides Bobby Flay) have Eggs: Aaron Sanchez - LBGE Iron Chef Jose Garces - XLBGE Iron Chef Michael Symon - XLBGE x2
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Cookinbob said:

Awesome collection, but that XL hasn't seen a cook yet.  When you gonna break it in?  Can't tell about the rest with the lids closed.

That is the xxl not a xl. It has been cooked on now. That was the day it was delivered.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    @badinfluence‌ I would love to see all of those eggs fired up at once. It's crazy I think how many ribs, chickens, turkeys, and butts you could cook at once if you wanted too. I bet you could pretty much butcher an entire cow and grill it all same day.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god.