Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Al Roker has a an egg

Options
Just watching the Today show as I get ready for work today. They were doing a segment called "Six Lessons in Six Decades" where Al shares his cooking hobby and other things he's learned in his 60 years. They didn't mention the BGE but the showed him going outside to make some tuna steaks and there was an egg on his patio. I thought it was a pretty good piece.
L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
eggAddict from MN!

Comments

• BGEXL_Nick
    Options
    It looked like he also had an XL next to it that was under a cover. Very cool!
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

How used did it look??

You would be surprised how much of stuff is staged on deals like that......especially something as recognizable as a BGE.  Same goes for watches, cars, beer bottles, and just about anything used by a celebrity or on reality TV.  They are their own brand, and good for them that they can capitalize on it.

Either way, good for him and BGE.

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Ever notice now that he lost all that weight at hoe big his head looks compared to the rest of him?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I've noticed how successful he has been and he is somewhat entertaining.
    I would take more people looking like him than what I see on a typical day out and about. Obesity has gone wild in this country .
    Seattle, WA
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    He has changed his whole life style . He is active and eats well . Let him be a role model for the obesity problem that is plaguing North America 
    Toronto
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Plus he killed a shark in Sharknado 2: The Second One.
    Flint, Michigan
  • pantsypants
    Options
    Hell Yeah he did !!!
    Plus he killed a shark in Sharknado 2: The Second One.

Toronto
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    The egg looked used, it was not open but the wood shelves were weathered. Al had lat band surgery to help his weight loss but he has done a great job keeping the weight off.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Product identification in movies and on TV is a huge thing.  M&M's is still crying in their milk over Reese's Pieces in ET.  Companies pay big bucks for product placement.  General Mills spent a lot of bucks to have Dale Earnhardt's #3 painted orange with Wheaties on the hood for a single race.  One of the advertising people said whatever it cost paid for the whole price when he passed the Kellogg's car.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Smokinpig said:
    The egg looked used, it was not open but the wood shelves were weathered. Al had lat band surgery to help his weight loss but he has done a great job keeping the weight off.

Wasn't it gastric bypass? I think with that surgery you don't have too many choices when it comes to your diet and the amount of daily intake.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    I am not really sure so I looked it up it was gastric bypass in 2002. I agree it is hard to fail with those surgeries but I think it can happen.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• brichter45
    Options
    Nonsense Poopy Pants!

future egg owner
    Burbs, IL
  • pantsypants
    Options
    I know he has run marathons and done triathlons since he has cut down on his weight .
    People with who have there stomach stapled generally are unable to do that kind of excersize as they can not eat enough food to sustain the calories depleted from all that excersize .

I would imagine he had gastric bypass
    Toronto
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I missed the spot on the Today show, but my wife saw it and said my egg was bigger than his :D
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY