Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gluten free stuffed, smoked, bacon wrapped meatloaf!

Options
So it was my turn to try out the potato stuffed meatloaf that has been all over the forum lately. I put my own spin on it, but definitely used previous posts to get the help needed to make this a dinner to remember. My cook began with mixing up ground beef and ground pork. I then added a few different spices along with some onion and garlic powder. I then added some gluten free breadcrumbs and two eggs and mixed it all together.image I then added a bit of bbq sauce and laid it out on a pan with a parchment paper sheet underneath. ( I used this sheet to help roll it later on) I then added garlic mashed potatoes. image I then decided to add some mixed veggies ( to balance out bacon that is yet to come), some mushrooms, and plenty of cheese. image I then rolled this large mixture up into a solid log. Once rolled I transferred it to an aluminum pan which I had lined with bacon. Once the loaf was where I wanted I finished the top off with more bacon and some sweet bbq sauce. image I cooked it on my large egg at 375 for approximately 1 hour before adding more sweet sauce to it. I then allowed it to cook for another 30 mins until an internal temp of 165. I used hickory wood chips for the entire cook. Two different neighbours came out from their houses tonight to ask what I was cooking as it smelled so good. I then gave a great sales pitch for the green egg that should earn me some free merchandise. This is what it looked like 1 hour in. .image Notice the large ball of meat that is cooking behind the loaf. My dog will be very excited when this large ball meets his bowl. image It was now my time to eatimage My wife said this is one of her favourite top 3 cooks I have made since getting the egg. Thanks to all those that previously posted on the forum about there meatloaf experiences. Here are a few finished product pics. imageimageimage
Chilliwack, BC, Canada

Comments