Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

16 Days original ice in Yeti45

Options
2»

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    caliking said:
    That's pretty neat. Perfect complement for your travels now. What food do you take with you on these trips? An ice water mix is more efficient to cool stuff than ice alone. Something to do with ice needing energy to go from solid to liquid phase. That's why the Yeti folks probably recommend that stuff will stay coldest if you don't drain the water.

Two types: fist is wife food as in picture, lots of it. Second is food bought and brought back. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Mickey - something wrong with my computer... the steaks in the pic are invisible :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    caliking said:
    @Mickey - something wrong with my computer... the steaks in the pic are invisible :D

So is the grease. I really like grease, wife not so much.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That video was chilling.
    Options
    I own a roadie and a 50. buddy has roadie and 65. i love them. i use constantly inclduign my week long hunting and fishing trips. 
    Boom
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    DMW said:
    If you really want it to get cold, add some salt to the ice water mix.was our go to method for chilling beers back when.
    That's how I chill big bird's breast when smoking Mad Max turkey.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    edited July 2014
    Options
    dayum, I should ban myself from this forum, just saw this Pelican Elite 65 QT at Costco for $199.97  (price ending in .97 means Costco clearance), so tempted :((

canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Canugghead‌ - that's a good deal. Why is it still at Costco and not in your house?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @Canugghead How much would be the shipping + import taxes + uplift for you to go buy that for me and ship?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Here's an idea...drink the #$@ beer faster and it won't matter. :P
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Canugghead
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @caliking it sure is tempting but I don't fish nor camp, so can't justify it  =((

@DMW Morgantown PA is only six hours from St. Catharines, ON, why not come for the Niagara eggfest on Aug 17 and take a few home, keep one and sell the rest 
    :D   btw, our HST is 13%
    canuckland
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @caliking it sure is tempting but I don't fish nor camp, so can't justify it  =((

@DMW Morgantown PA is only six hours from St. Catharines, ON, why not come for the Niagara eggfest on Aug 17 and take a few home, keep one and sell the rest 
    :D
    Hmmm....
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Watch "Three Stooges - Slowy i Turn" on YouTube
    Three Stooges - Slowy i Turn: http://youtu.be/_yJBhzMWJCc

Niagara Falls
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Canugghead
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I succumbed to the temptation, picked one up @ $139.  First location sold out, went to another location (just as close to home) that had 3 left two days ago.
    canuckland
  • Bullhalsey
    Bullhalsey Posts: 108
    Options

Little tip for you fellow YETI owners:

If you want the absolute coldest beer possible, fill that YETI with your cans/bottles.  Cover it with the ice, then sprinkle a few cups of ice cream rock-salt over the ice.  I've been applying this method all summer and it works like a charm.  The rock salt drops the temp of the ice dramatically.  You can confirm this by looking it up on YETI's website.