Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cornish Game Hens - to stuff or spatchcock?

Options
TTC
TTC Posts: 1,035

Little birds are taking a brine bath till dinner. Should I stuff or spatchcock them?

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I like em spatched. No room inside to stuff. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    They're all chickens.....the rooster has sex with all of them.  That's PERVERSE!!!!

Spatch'em

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I spat mine and I'll tell you why...besides cooking better cutting them open lets you clean the remaining guts out of the inside. I think the gutting technique is rapid and leaves behind too many pieces and parts!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TTC
    Options
    Spatchcocked them, but full disclosure they cooked on the gasser. We have had thunderstorms and flash floods since lunch so I retreated to screened in porch.

These little rascals were good.

Ikon pass 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Good? On a gasser?! LOL! I am not a gasser fan and returned the last one I bought (years ago) cuz the food was sooooo bad. Still, glad it worked out for you! Charcoal will be sooo much better!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• TTC
    Options
    Amen @Carolina Q - but if my choice is gasser or oven - and in torrential rain my gasser is usable - I'm gonna suffer through it. Trust me, when the rain set in I was pissed because I wanted to light the fire tonight

Ikon pass 

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    still looks good 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now