Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mash-ed taters stuffed chicken thighs (pic heavy)

@Hennaple and I were discussing what was on tap for the weekend cooks, and he gave me the idea for stuffed boneless/skinless chicken thighs.  I was talking to the wife about what we should stuff them with, and my son suggested mash-ed potaters.  We happened to have some leftover mashies from the night before.  Added some cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and of course wrapped them in Wrights bacon.  My publix didn't have deboned thighs, so we got skinless thighs and I removed the bones with a fillet knife (wasn't too hard).  Pounded flat with the mallet, stuffed, wrapped, and secured with toothpicks if needed.   I dusted them with Oak Ridge chicken seasoning after pounding the chicken, then a little more once wrapped.  I cooked them at 350ish high in the dome until the bacon was crispy.  Added just a small handful of cherry chips.   The internal temp was about 190 when they finished.  This will definitely be repeated!  

On the egg:

High in the dome;

Mmmmmm...grease stalactites:

Various gratuitous shots:
imageimage

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments