Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another table maker makin some high quality stuff

Options
Came across this table today at my local store. It's beautiful, durable, and really well made. I think the cost is around $2000. Thought I'd pass it along. They make them here in northeast PA
http://desavino.com/kamado-grill-caddy/
LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    edited August 2014
    Options
    That's funny - I see they used the term Kamado Grill 9 times on that site. 8 of those times it was capitalized as Kamado Grill whereas capitalization normally indicates a product name though not registered nor trademarked. OTOH only a BGE was shown and even some BGE brand lump. Guess Desavino didn't want to have to pay BGE a royalty or get their permission to picture the BGE product. Just an observations - that's all...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    On the brochure I picked up they call it a green egg caddy. I do t know about materials so I have no idea if it would be fire resistant (not proof obviously)

• grege345
    Options
    Only thing that irritated me is when I asked about the mini max I got a blank stare. He also couldn't understand why they even sell a mini or a small. So I said I'd give him 250$ for a mini but he didn't have any in stock. He sells 10 or so lg a year and a mini and a small maybe once a year.

• RRP
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Only thing that irritated me is when I asked about the mini max I got a blank stare. He also couldn't understand why they even sell a mini or a small. So I said I'd give him 250$ for a mini but he didn't have any in stock. He sells 10 or so lg a year and a mini and a small maybe once a year.
    I see you are in PA which may explain the low volume - that''s not a put down - let me explain. I have a classmate who lives in King of Prussia, PA and I was telling him all about my eggs etc. Then I figured he ought to see one so I checked the dealer network and found out there are numerous dealers all over that state - like every Mom & Pop hardware store, ice cream stand whatever was a BGE dealer! I asked our local distributor and he confirmed that early on in order to sell eggs Ed Fisher would let anybody be a dealer who wanted to be and some states such as PA have tiny dealerships that only sell a few eggs a year. Nowadays most new dealers must start with a minimum order of $25K and then replenish in $10k or more orders, which stopped the growth of small shops.
  • grege345
    Options
    It's a beautiful store. Nursery/outdoor living. Really beautiful high end stuff. 5000$ patio sets and so forth. He sells the crap out of weber gassers and forino pizza ovens.

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    2 large for a plastic table seems spendy...
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I can't tell if it's metal or painted wood. Personally, I would not have a painted table. $2k seems awfully high.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Spaightlabs
    Options
    HDPE is high density polyethylene - plastic. Same Stuff Trex decking is made out of.
  • RRP
    Options
    henapple said:
    I can't tell if it's metal or painted wood. Personally, I would not have a painted table. $2k seems awfully high.
    page doen...

Sustainable Solutions For Outdoor Living

High‐Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Facts
    • Made from recycled materials
    • 100% recyclable
    • Contains 25%‐75% post‐industrial content
    • No painting means no VOC emissions
    • Improved air quality
    • Resists mold, mildew, fungus and bacteria
    • Factory responsible recycling
    • Contribute points to LEED certification
  • grege345
    Options
    Ya it's deff not wood. Very similar to Trex. Thing definitely not flimsy. I thought it was kind of cool that you can custom order color. Also not very big. It's only about 4 foot wide. Maybe 4.5. Very pricey.

• tridogdude
    tridogdude Posts: 136
    Options
    Looks like something you would buy at a box store next to the plastic bins for storing patio furniture. $2000 for that?
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Perhaps I'm lucky to only have a total of $400 in my table after all the mods. IMHO 2K seems crazy high for this table. Are they nice? Sure they are but, not nice enough for me to spend my hard earned 2K. But, that's just my opinion I spect.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Before I'd spend 2000.00 on that I'd get a 12 foot Mr egghead inflatable to help with my cooks. Oh wait i already have him.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • SmokyBear
    SmokyBear Posts: 389
    edited August 2014
    Options
    No way $2K for a plasticy looking table.  And it only holds ONE "Kamado"?

I also don't think it's a big deal that he's saying "Kamado" and picturing an Egg.  So what?  He's not saying the words "Big Green Egg" which is where the trademark comes in.  Far as I know, you can photograph anything without paying a licensing fee to the company who made the product.

The fact BGE is so aggressive with their "brand ownership" (which results in higher prices for all of us) is a big part of the reason I bought another brand (KJ) after owning and loving my Mini.  If they were a little more reasonable about that, it'd open up the market more and we'd all benefit..and I don't think they'd lose a penny, either.  In fact, it'd probably help them sell MORE overall.

Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Even this plastic table is $1115 on that site. I couldn't tell if shipping is included. There isn't anything for egg to sit on with this table. I compared to this one for $950.
  • Tableguy
    Options
    Hey guys, I make tables with a custom cast concrete surface and either a cypress or cedar frame with stainless steel fasteners. Here is my latest table: https://www.etsy.com/listing/199439836/the-best-big-green-egg-table-in-america
    My website is www.cre8iveconcrete.com

Thanks,
    Ben
  • Tspud1
    Options
    These look similar to the Select Outdoor Kitchen tables. HDPE also
  • SmokyBear
    SmokyBear Posts: 389
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Tableguy said:
    Hey guys, I make tables with a custom cast concrete surface and either a cypress or cedar frame with stainless steel fasteners. Here is my latest table: https://www.etsy.com/listing/199439836/the-best-big-green-egg-table-in-america My website is www.cre8iveconcrete.com Thanks, Ben
    OMG!  Your website actually uses the words "Big Green Egg"!!  Did you get special permission from the Mothership to use their branded copyright? :)

Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • Spaightlabs
    Options
    I think he meant big green kamado.

• Kyrstie_Mandarin
    Options
    That is a bit high for plastic.. With a high temp egg cooking on it :/

I do my tables out of cedar and redwood, and they are high dollar, but well worth it
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    The tables seem pretty nice. However Kyrstie is getting my money for a new table. Why? I like how her tables look as well as...... I better not say it ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Tspud1
    Options

I do my tables out of cedar and redwood, and they are high dollar, but well worth it
    Is there website to see tables or get an idea of "high dollar" table?
  • grege345
    Options

Your right. Wood isn't flammable :-/

• Kyrstie_Mandarin
    Options
    @SGH thank you sir :)

@Tspud1 Your a smart ass, lol but I have to admit.. hilarious!

@grege345 The wooden tables are made with precautions to reduce the risk of fire... I was referring to the thought of the plastic melting.. :/
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Kyrstie_Mandarin‌
    You are welcome ma'am. You have one friend that is on your side on this forum I assure you.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.