Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Re: 1st time grilling Pork Loin

Options
All I can say is WOW!  And my pictures don't do it justice.  This is the first cook that I have kept the temp between 220 - 245 degrees.  I've only had the egg since May and I'm starting to feel how to really control the temp.  I borrowed the knowledge from some other posts and combined them to create this extremely flavorful dish.  So thank you to BBQJIM, itsmce, and biggreenpharmacist for their pork loin posts!

The pork roast was about 3 1/2 lbs.  I went with itsmce's advice and rubbed the pork down with olive oil and yellow mustard.  Then sprinkled it with celery salt, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.  Now I used BBQJIM's advice and kept the temp between 220 - 240.  I use the AR rig, so I put my stone (wrapped in foil) on the bottom setting, a drip pan on the next level, and the pork on the top level.  I threw in some hickory chips right before I put the pork on and decided to add a bottle of beer to the drip pan after the pork had been on for about an hour.  All in all it was on for 3 hours.  Then I followed the biggreenpharmacist's advice and I pulled it when the pork temp was 140.  I removed the stone and put the pork back on direct to just sear the sides - really just a minute or two each side.

It was one juicy flavorful pork roast.  Everyone around the table voiced their praises!

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I love pork loin. Some many uses. Good job!!!

Little Rock, AR

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    looks good  
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Another cut I haven't done on the egg yet. The wife doesn't like it because it can be to dry, but I may a stuffed one sometime soon. Not sure with what though. I may first marinade it in apple cider vinegar and some other seasonings. Looks good.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Scottyboy
    Scottyboy Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I've done several pork loins on the egg and they are always very juicy so tell your wife not to worry!  I love doing pork loins, they're a very easy, quick cook.
    XL, LBGE, Adjustable Rig
    Shelbyville, IN
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Do one in Mickey's coffee rub. OMG good.  We shape them as stockings and give them to friends as Christmas Eve gifts.  As you can see in the pan, they are very juicy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Options
     I did 3 last night on my Medium Egg:  #1 - Pesto, Spinach, Mozzarella stuffed and bacon wrapped pork tenderloin.  #2 - Chorizo, Mozzarella and Prosciutto wrapped pork tenderloin.  #3 - Fire roasted red pepper, portabella mushroom and a red bruschetta sauce bacon wrapped pork tenderloin.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.