Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time using Dizzy Pig!

Options
2»

Comments

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    Thanks all, I was nervous about leaving the membrane on so I scored them once I realized and didn't even notice it... :D

Great cook.  I've made the same mistake and they turned out fine too.  I still pull the membrane if for no other reason than I like to season up the underside too. 

On the Dizzy Pig, Dizzy Dust is the catchall and good on everything.  But if you like a little heat and spice, give Swamp Venom or Jamaican Firewalk a try on ribs.  Pure excellence!!

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Phatchris‌
    The ribs look phenomenal my friend. Solid cook. For a real treat mix the 2 50/50. It's outstanding. Again excellent cook.image

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    I'll have to order some smokey mountain, I have some Tennessee red... B-)
  • davejames0426
    Options
    Half of each mixed together for the Blues Hog......
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    I thought the Blues Hog straight up was pretty f'n awesome...
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Damn fine looking ribs! I have some thawing in the fridge now.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Phatchris‌
    The sauce is awesome straight up. No question if it. Mixing the 2 just adds a excellent second flavor profile. Either can stand very well on their own though. Great products.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I'm a huge dizzy pig fan. I haven't had a rub from them that I don't like. Those ribs look so good I'm going to have to run to the store this morning and have ribs for dinner!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I used Dizzy rub on some burgers last night and was a bit heavy handed. SWMBO says no more on burgers!
    Kemah, TX