Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first attempt at wings

Options
I'm so hungry. These better turn out great.

Comments

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Looks like a might hearty helping... I'm sure they'll be great....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just keep moving them around and turning until they're done.  Hotter makes 'em done faster.  You'll be fine.
    Options
    They turned out ok but there's room for improvement. I tried to cook too many at once and didn't turn them like I should have. I also used a lot of Dizzy Dust Swamp Venom and my wife didn't approve. Too hot for her. image
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    When I'm cooking wings, heat and spice will happen.  If someone warns me pre-cook they want mild wings, I'll cook a few that way.
    Options
    I like to use my grate gripper and carefully rotate the whole grate about 90 degrees about every 15 -20 minutes for even cooking, but be careful or you will end up doing wings caveman style if your not careful.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Yeah, you're right, that was a little crowded but in your defense, you were hungry :)  

Try doing 30-20-10 wings sometime, indirect at 375F.  30 minutes, flip.  20 minutes sauce.  10 minutes to cook on the sauce.  Takes a bit longer than raised direct but doesn't take as much watching and flipping.  I like them both ways, just depends on my mood.

I try to do a milder version of wings for my wife but it's hard to keep them separated on the grill sometimes.  I can always tell when one of mine got mixed up in her batch...by the way she coughs when she bites into it ;) 

Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This