Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More turbo ribs

Options
chainsaw19
chainsaw19 Posts: 257
Picked up some baby backs at Costco yesterday. Covered in mustard and a new rub I have been trying lately and really enjoy, KC Cowtowns Sweet Spot Barbecue rub. Set the egg at 375 and cooked for two hours, flipping after 1 hour. Used 2 good size chunks of peach wood for smoke. This is probably my 4th time doing turbo method and it continues to produce consistent results. image
Large BGE Middletown, MD

Comments

• Acorn
    Acorn Posts: 163
    Options
    They look great, with this method did the bones pull out?
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • chainsaw19
    Options
    Meat pulls right off, with little to no resistance. Give it a try.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I like the slight pull from the bones. Nice ribs
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Horseradish
    Options
    Inspired .... Heading to get some ribs after church.... Turbo style, 1st try. Thanks for the inspiration chainsaw!!! Mmmmm ribs! My wife is not going to know what to think if I deliver ribs in less than 4 1/2 - 5 hours... :)
  • Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    They look terrific.

Just out of curiosity, were they labeled "baby back ribs" or did they call them "loin back ribs."?  I bought some at Costco the other day and they were labeled Pork Loin Backribs.  I guess that's another name for baby backs since that's what they seemed to be.   They did weigh in a little heavier than the baby backs I bought in the past from Costco

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • chainsaw19
    Options
    Put mine on at 4:45 yesterday and was sitting at table by 7. I enjoy hanging outside and doing a long cook too on occasion, but lifestyle, 5 kids, doesn't always allow for it. Nice to have alternative methods and results are outstanding.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • chainsaw19
    Options
    I think that's what they call them, given the higher prices lately I usually just find the smallest pack in the case.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    Options
    Your ribs look great.  Great color.  Not dark and burnt like you see with turbo cooks sometimes
  • chainsaw19
    Options
    Thanks @Cowdogs nice crust on them too, so much flavor that I don't even sauce them which I think is where some seem to get really dark. I just serve sauce on the side for anyone who wants it.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD