Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket success story!!

anton
anton Posts: 1,813
Woke up at 4 am this morning, already had cleaned egg, loaded firebox with Royal Oak, and pre- soaked pecan and hickory chunks and had them at the side, lit fire and settled in at 230 F.I use a med egg with a woo and 10" stone for indirect set-up.  I then added chunks and let initial burnoff occur. I had rubbed brisket the night before with evoo, Kosher salt, pepper, meat magic and  and wrapped in plastic, set in fridge.
 I Put brisket on and left it alone for 10 hrs, periodically checking temp with Thermapen. When internal hit 170F, I removed from grill put in foil wrap with 1/2 cup strong dark roast coffee and sliced shallots. I returned to egg until internal temp of 205F ( approx 1 1/2 hrs), then I rested in towel for 30 mins, sliced and served with veggie salad and tots. Meat took on great smoke flavor, pulled apart like buttah, and was juicy. Total cook time was 11 1/2 hrs, brisket was only 4 1/2 lbs before cooking. I am pretty sure I had a flat, but any body who can tell me otherwise , please do.
 Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "

Comments