Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Saturday Night Butt...

Can't wait any longer.... Egg's been dark for far too long now. Not that I plan on eating any of it tomorrow (likely freezer & friend) bound, I gotta egg something...

Picked up 2 butts... Probably around 12lbs total after trimming. One on the right is firm, the one on the left is like a silly drunk teenybopper flopping all over the place after one wine cooler.

Rubbed with Bad Byron's and will smoke with hickory. Probably load with OO, and fire the egg around 6-6:30 and put them on around 8. Let em go till morning...

Got a couple of neighbors that have been licking their chops for some bbq. Figured I've teased them long enough LOL.

More pics to follow...

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,644
    I don't want to even ask about that: "One on the right is firm, the one on the left is like a silly drunk teenybopper flopping all over the place after one wine cooler."
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    @Mickey‌

Trust me; it was many, many, years ago... Before I was old enough to vote yet.
  • SGHSGH Posts: 23,996
    Standing by for the finale.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 4,594
    Good to see you back in the saddle..Maybe you can force down a little Tito as well...
    \m/
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • FarbuckFarbuck Posts: 276
    Feeling better??

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • jcasparyjcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Can't wait to see the finished product, glad to see you back Hap!!!
    @carolina Q that's harsh.  LOL

XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
    Feeling a little better... Not sure about Titos just yet though
  • hapster said:
    Feeling a little better... Not sure about Titos just yet though
    trust me (don't ever). Tito's is your friend

1- LGBE
    1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
    I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
    1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
    1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife
  • Like Eggceslsior says....lots of clears. nothing is clearer than Titos
    1- LGBE
    1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
    I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
    1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
    1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife
  • FATC1TYFATC1TY Posts: 805
    Lookin good!!

I have a little 5 pounder trimmed in the fridge I'm gonna do for dinner tomorrow.. Haven't decided on when to put it on yet. I've got a chicken in the egg now taking my BBQ Guru's virginity.

-FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax

Like Eggceslsior says....lots of clears. nothing is clearer than Titos

Maybe cut my Titos with some lime sparkling water and see if I can handle that?
  • Sounds like a plan, I'm about to dip into the Tito's and grapefruit.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,983
    hapster said:

Like Eggceslsior says....lots of clears. nothing is clearer than Titos

Maybe cut my Titos with some lime sparkling water and see if I can handle that?
    Enough Titos and it won't matter
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • anzyegganzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Nice price on those butts....a lot of rub, should cook up great as usual.
    Here are some progress pics...

Deck smells awesome :)

imageimage
    Butts on as the sun sets... The egg seems to want to settle in around 275° dome with these guys...

So be it. Might not even break out the Maverick and instead just go old school.

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,330
    Lookin good. IMHO alcohol is the short term remedy for all ailments, except alcoholism, of course. (duh!).  That's old-school, BTW.

Lookin good. IMHO alcohol is the short term remedy for all ailments, except alcoholism, of course. (duh!).  That's old-school, BTW.

Thanks man :)
    I agree... Based on what I drank Fri and Sat after my exposure, I'm surprised that the salmonella had a chance.

Smoking this Hemingway now was my butts smoke and the Tigers are beating Seattle currently.

• tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,133
    hapster said:
    Butts on as the sun sets... The egg seems to want to settle in around 275° dome with these guys... So be it. Might not even break out the Maverick and instead just go old school. image
    Kinda like looking at Kim Kardashian.... Nice butt(s)!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMWDMW Posts: 12,115
    Looks like a great cook in progress. I see Wegman's has raised their pork butt prices. Just 2 weeks ago I bought a bunch for $1.79/lb.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,836
    @hapster‌ you had me @ butt B-). Phenomenal as usual Sir!!! =D>
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

@hapster‌ you had me @ butt B-). Phenomenal as usual Sir!!! =D>

Duh... :))

Giving this cook all away to a few neighbors. Looking forward to their reactions and reviews.
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,836
    hapster said:

Butts on as the sun sets... The egg seems to want to settle in around 275° dome with these guys...

So be it. Might not even break out the Maverick and instead just go old school.

Pure sexxxxxy!

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
    11PM update...

Butts are happy at around 275 and so am I

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,330
    bootylicious.  Dat sum fine butt.

I just got back in the house from the manbearcave where I had some friends just leave from drinking and smoking and talking.  Primed and ready for the henapple pig foot thread or whatever it was, and it petered out.  I think I'll watch TV.

g'nite hapster

Woke up on the deck listening to some goofy neighbors argue about aquatic turtles... Had to think for a moment, thought it was salmonella fuel hallucination.

Anyway, here are the butts a few mins ago. Dome around 275°... No maverick or controllers used.

See ya in the morning.

@‌nolaegghead LOL

• stemc33stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    hapster said:
    Woke up on the deck listening to some goofy neighbors argue about aquatic turtles... Had to think for a moment, thought it was salmonella fuel hallucination.

=)) that's funny. Sounds like a little bit of salmonella PTSD.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
    Here's what I found after I walked outside a little while ago...

No controllers, mavericks, heck... I even forgot to grab my Thermapen :)
    Egg's been going along for about 13 hours and the butts where on for about 11-1/2...
    Hopefully there will be some happy neighbors and friends in a few hours.

imageimageimage