Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

With much anticipation first cook completed

Well after having to finish my table and the egg nesting on the backseat of the car since Tuesday I finally got the first cook completed. Many thanks to jmarbs21 for coming and helping me to get the egg in my table late yesterday and offering advice and guidance on my first cook. Was going to go with spatchcock chicken but decided to try the stuffed pork loin. Forgot to coat with evoo and was a little light on the Dizzy Dust but for a first cook I think it went fairly well. Stuffed the loin with goat cheese, roasted red peppers and fresh asparagus. Cooked indirect at 375 for about 1 hour and fifteen minutes (internal temp 143). Put some fresh silver queen on for about the last thirty minutes. I think I lost some of my cheese during the cook. Will mozzarella cheese stay inside better than goat cheese since it is stringy and maybe more cohesive?

Comments