Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil ... Low and Slow or Sear? Tender ???

Options

Hey folks, Need advice please, read several posts here already but conflicted and confused. Whats the best way (Egg Temp and Internal Meat Temp) to do 4lbs/ 2 pcs of London Broil on the egg to achieve the best shot at tender and juicy ???  How do you guys do yours ?

Metro Atlanta Georgia egger with Large, Mini,and Chimenea

Comments

• androodp
    androodp Posts: 18
    Options

Forgot to mention... got it marinated and now rubbed and wrapped already. Thanks

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    My wife made a slow cooker London broil pot roast recipe that smelled and looked amazing. I was gone that day for dinner so I brought it for lunch to work the next day. I heated it up and was walking to my desk when I dropped the entire meal all over the office. Like I said, it looked and smelled great.
    Dunedin, FL
  • androodp
    Options

yzzi.... Well that sucked !...lol. Only thing worse would've been if the London was off the BGE...lol

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Part of your confusion is probably the fact that "London Broil" isn't a cut of meat (it's a recipe/technique) although a lot of stores sell different cuts of beef labelled as "London Broil".  There's no telling what cut you're getting, it could be top sirloin, flank, top round, etc. 

So what one person says works for London Broil might actually be using a different cut of beef than what you have.  If it's flank steak, I just do a quick cook (450-500 x 4-5 min per side).  If it's a cut from up on the shoulder, it's going to take longer to tenderize so I'd do a slow roast or reverse sear type of cook. 
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • androodp
    Options
    Nibble... Yeah, Sorry bout the term " London Broil". Guess I should of specified, but I believe it to be flank steak. What internal temp should it go on a low and slow ? Its on now at 225 indirect over a water pan with water & broth in it.