Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA~ Don't Be In Such Damn Hurry To Eat

Hope everyone is doing well...

Just a little cautionary tale to help remind everyone of food safety.

Last Thursday in an effort to put together a quick dinner, I figured why not whip up some simple tomatoe and cheese omelets. Luckily I took enough time with my wife and daughter's before I made mine. Apparently I didn't cook mine long enough...

My body let me know this rather dramatically starting Sunday afternoon around 2pm after returning home from brunch for the inlaws. From then till Wednesday morning, about every 30min round the clock, I basically prepped for a colonoscopy, accompanied by fever and occasional vomiting.

My wife took me to the ER Wednesday and they pumped me full of IV inbetween trips to the toilet and loaded me with potassium pills. After several hours they sent me home...

Now it's Friday.... I've eaten a whole 2 small bowls of oatmeal all week, burned PTO days I didn't want to(happy to have them though), and I'm about 18lbs lighter than I was Sunday morning.

Test confirmed that the cause was salmonella; most likely from my undercooked omelet.

I am truely grateful that I'm the only one I harmed with my haste and impatience.

Please make sure and remember good food safety practices while enjoying our passion, especially while enjoying them with adult beverages(not in play in this case).

Happy sitting here now on the deck in this beautiful weather, enjoying a cigar and large glass of water as I start to feel somewhat human again.

Egg on and be well!!!

Looks pretty good don't it? :))

Comments