Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Legs and a Flat Iron

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum

Nothing fancy, but just a coupla simple cooks from this week that were on the rotation.  The chicken legs were seasoned with corn starch, S&P, red pepper flakes, ground coriander and basil.  Then sauced with some general tso sauce (Iron Chef brand) towards the end.  Grilled up raised direct with cherry wood for smoke on the Mini BGE.  The steak was seasoned with the last of the Cosmic Cow seasoning I had in the pantry.  That was grilled direct on the Large BGE. 

Comments

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Very nice! I would be all over both of them.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Nice cook! (S) I would eat the hell out of those legs!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    Options
    Very nice.
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    Options
    The beef looks good but the legs are kicking...
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Man that looks insane! I especially like the last pic of the big slab of Infraspinatus sliced on the rare. This easily earns the SGH seal of approval my friend. Excellent job all around!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    How do you like flatiron vs others? I myself love them. Again excellent cook. That's what I like to see right there!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Thanks y'all!  @SGH, it's a favorite in my house.  It's our go to since it's a little healthier than Ribeyes.  :)  It's also packed full of flavor and so tender that you can cut it with a fork.  But I still hafta admit, the Ribeye is my all time favorite cut of steak.  ;)
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Nice looking cooks
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    @Dyal_SC‌
    I concur. The ribeye no doubt reigns supreme. Especially bone in. Nonetheless flatiron is outstanding cooked south of rare. I really like to cook one of each for myself on steak night. It makes a awesome combination my friend.
    Here is a tip if you cut your own flatiron steaks. When separating the Infraspinatus leave some of the trailing tail from the Teres Major attached. I know that this is not common practice when parting out a flatiron but trust me when I say it's incredible. It's two almost totally different tastes in one massive size steak. Again yours looks outstanding my friend. That is truly my kind of meal.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Dyal_SC‌ said: Nothing fancy just a couple of simple cooks.

If the above cooks are what y'all consider to be "simple" then I need to start eating at your place!!!
    :D

Status- Standing by.

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Fine looking cooks. Thanks for sharing the details on the chicken.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming