Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp in NOLA!!!

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Lookie what I just ordered. JUKE BOX HEE-ROOO!!!!! EES GOT STARS IN HIS EYEZ!
    Approved.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Mickey - of course you're in oh venerable one.   Stay tuned for details.  October.  I'll be 50.  Midlife crisis is over, thanks to my last purchase of a death vehicle.  Basically the death star but made by BMW and with two wheels.
    It ain't over until you sell the bike and the porsche... just sayin'. I didn't want to miss it anyway. Don't you take that from me NOLA! I need this. You can have your sanity back after October.

I'll sell them when they pry the wreckage off my mangled body.  No worries, stay calm, I drive them like leisure-man, mostly.  My goal is to have this camp and see everyone home safely.  

Lookie what I just ordered. JUKE BOX HEE-ROOO!!!!! EES GOT STARS IN HIS EYEZ!
    He looks like he just picked his nose and got caught putting the goods in his mouth! Before you ask, I've worked with children at church and that's the facial expression.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    I'm in brother. My large egg and every other cooker I own is at your disposal my friend. If y'all decide to have it at @Thatgrmguys place try to give me a little notice. I will speak to him and see if he will allow me to set up my quad hog cooker up at his place. If he will I will throw on a clod and a suckling just for folks that have never saw it done.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    If it's later in October, I'm in. Which means now you'll have the first week of October.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy - that's an enticing invitation.  I'll keep it in mind if you're serious.

I was planning on renting the old Michaul's Cajun restaurant and dance hall, but I'm not sure it'll be available and we haven't cemented a date down yet.
    @nolaegghead

Absolutely serious. Would make a great venue and I have plenty of space for something like this.  Either way, I'll be in attendance!

My place is regularly used for events like this and I have liability insurance to cover it. We use it for company parties regularly. Even have a parking lot!  I'm not scared of a bunch of middle aged bbq nuts covered in bacon and smelling like smoke running around!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • NEWB_IN_NOLA
    Options
    Sounds like fun. I will definitely try to make it.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Keep my up dated on this brother. I'm attending which ever location it as at.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    He is not kidding. He literally has a parking lot on his front property. Space is not a concern there. You can show up by boat or automobile. He even has a boat dock for those who come by boat!!

Status- Standing by.

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    "make New Orleans the brisket capitol of the world"
    You gotta be shi'n me?  
    Okay maybe so! I wanna be part of this history making event.  
    Keep me posted.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• nolaegghead
    Options
    We're still yammering on about the exact weekend.

The itinerary is yet to be determined, but will be something like meet up at a bar in New Orleans, Friday evening, go eat at R'evolution or somewhere nice, hit the French Quarter.  Wake up hung over Sat morning, meet at the location, fire up dem eggs, prep the briskets, put 'em on.  Fart around, drink, cook stuff for lunch/dinner, drink, party and be merry then crawl back to wherever to sleep.  Sunday morning, wake up with 2nd hangover in as many days, swear off drinking or bloody marys, then pull off the brisket, start eating brisket.
    henapple said:
    If it's later in October, I'm in. Which means now you'll have the first week of October.
    I'm looking at pushing it into late September just to make sure :))

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - I'll keep you posted.  We should have a date here soon.
    Options
    Will there be airport shuttle service?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Brother you know I will be sober so I can keep a watchful eye on the food while y'all are recovering! ;)

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    DMW said:
    Will there be airport shuttle service?
    If the BMW is available (SWMBO isn't working), my car is a two seater.  So this is a function of the date which is yet to be determined.  I could probably borrow my neighbor's van, but it stinks like dogs.
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    You can use my Avalanche and Pilot if need be.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    My wife will gladly run shuttle service if need be. Her Pilot will seat 7.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Thanks for the kind offer @SGH, I don't think we'll have that many people flying in. 
    Options
    It's super easy to get a ride to the french quarter from the airport anyhow.  
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I already called shotgun on the Porsche. I'm willing to ride in the trunk, although I may get bugs in my teeth.
  • SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    No problem brother. We will gladly help any way that we can. Just ask my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy - I really appreciate that offer.  Some of the out-of-towners want to do the French Quarter/New Orleans thing, plus there are the local guys that just want to swing by for the prep and money shots.  Maybe we could collaborate on something at your place in the future - @SGH said it was beautiful and I love the idea of throwing a few eggers in the water.
    Options

henapple said:

I'm looking at pushing it into late September just to make sure :))

That cuts deep. .. :-S
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy - I really appreciate that offer.  Some of the out-of-towners want to do the French Quarter/New Orleans thing, plus there are the local guys that just want to swing by for the prep and money shots.  Maybe we could collaborate on something at your place in the future - @SGH said it was beautiful and I love the idea of throwing a few eggers in the water.
    agreed. Looks like an awesome place for our next egg get together though. I sold wifey on New Orleans on this one as it's around her bday. She's really looking forward to seeing NO for the first time.

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited August 2014
    Options
    No worries at all. Like I said, I'll be there no matter what!  Not sure if the small egg will help much, but I can make sure to bring it.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

No worries at all. Like I said, I'll be there no matter what!  Not sure if the small egg will help much, but I can make sure to bring it.

Yall could demonstrate how to properly cook a flat on the small and do full packers on the large eggs.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    That's actually a very good idea that @cazzy suggested above. Seems like a lot of folks struggle with flats.

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'll bring a large or 2 if I need to. Prefer to take the car but I can bring the battle wagon loaded with eggs if I have to. 
  • SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Is there any way I can drop my large off a few days in advance? Why? My schedule. I may be cutting it close due to work related activities. The egg would already be there and available if needed.

Status- Standing by.