Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One of my favorite meals-

Options
Tonight, I made stuffed peppers. I sauteed onions, garlic, hot Italian sausage & spinach. Let it cool. Then stuffed the mixture with the peppers. I cooked these inside of a cast iron skillet (mainly to hold the peppers upright), indirect at 400F for approx 45 minutes. I sprinkled a little bit of cheese on top towards the end. They were awesome-imageimageimageimage

Comments

• KJWILD
    KJWILD Posts: 95
    Options
    Great looking meal. I will certainly add this to my to do list.
    Husband, Father, Grandfather and Chef of the Home Front. XL BGE- purchased on 5/28/2014
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Man those look good. Love the use of the skillet for a pepper holder.  Just fill the extra space with corn and onion ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    =D> Food artistry. Wonderful looking meal.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig‌
    Great looking grub you got there my friend. =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Awesome looking food!!! Is there anything that can't be cooked in an Egg??? What more could you ask.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    anzyegg said:
    Awesome looking food!!! Is there anything that can't be cooked in an Egg??? What more could you ask.
    The answer is no!!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    anzyegg said:

Still haven't figured out how to make homemade ice cream in the egg... :) Nice cook Craig! I need to do stuffed peppers. Wonder if shredded leftover chicken would work for the protein? :-?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    DMW said:
    anzyegg said:

Still haven't figured out how to make homemade ice cream in the egg... :) Nice cook Craig! I need to do stuffed peppers. Wonder if shredded leftover chicken would work for the protein? :-?
    Shredded chicken would be awesome!! Almost like a fajita pepper. Try it! 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

I would destroy that, looks awesome Craig. 

Will be eggin' up something similar soon.  Thanks for the push!

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• jerryb78
    jerryb78 Posts: 215
    Options
    I'm going to have to try that, maybe with some rice mixed in as a bit of a binding agent.  Excellent pics!
    LBGE
    Menasha, WI
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Looks great.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I'm so stealing this. Great food and great pics.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    Looks like a great idea.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    Options
    Nice cook. Looks quite delicious.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Back in the day my mom used to make stuffed peppers...  But those were just stuffed with rice and ground beef, with some tomato sauce over the top.  Yours look much better.  :D
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    :-bd Good looking cook, Craig. Are those the mini sweet peppers that are usually sold in a bag? Love doing onions like that.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    It looks wonderful Craig. Great job!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Dang fine cook, BGC! 

What kind of peppers are those? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Great idea Craig that looks awesome.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Griffin said:
    :-bd Good looking cook, Craig. Are those the mini sweet peppers that are usually sold in a bag? Love doing onions like that.
    Yes, I got about 20 small peppers in a bag. I had extra room in the skillet so I threw in a couple ears of corn and a sweet onion. They were EGGcellent!
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Dang fine cook, BGC! 

What kind of peppers are those? 
    They are sweet peppers. They are usually sold in a bag. 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Nice cook & your pictures are great.  I cant get enough of the small bagged peppers, so good . . . I love to just char the crap out of them, slice in half and serve with goat cheese & reduced balsamic.  
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    Looks lovely.  Think I need to try that one.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig Here's what I tossed together. Filling was leftover chicken breast, homemade Fajita seasoning, sauteed onions, peppers, tomatoes, and rice. A little cheese on top and grilled them til they were done. My kids don't like cooked peppers, so the rest of the filling went in the skillet for tortilla filling.

Was really good, thanks for the idea. No plated pics, these went quickly and we were in a rush getting ready for T-Ball.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    DMW said:
    @Big_Green_Craig Here's what I tossed together. Filling was leftover chicken breast, homemade Fajita seasoning, sauteed onions, peppers, tomatoes, and rice. A little cheese on top and grilled them til they were done. My kids don't like cooked peppers, so the rest of the filling went in the skillet for tortilla filling. Was really good, thanks for the idea. No plated pics, these went quickly and we were in a rush getting ready for T-Ball. image
    Looks great!!! I've done the large pepper before. They are good too! 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Love your "gravity-feed" corn-buttering technique!   :-bd

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lensegg
    lensegg Posts: 35
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig‌, whether it's family or friends, they all request this either as apps or dinner. Thank you for the inspiration. Len
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Yumm....can't wait until after work to fire up the egg!  You're making me hungry
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    That is a winner on so many fronts
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Options
    Do you think you could do this using Hatch/Anaheim peppers cutting off the end and stuffing and keeping upright?
    Clarendon Hills, IL