Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My medium woo2 and wok ring are on the way

Options
I ordered it at 10:30 and it was shipped at 14:30.  I wonder what took so long.  :D
Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• finster
    finster Posts: 136
    Options
    I'll be watching closley for reviews and opinions. If it goes the way I think it will, I'll be pulling the trigger soon myself.
    MBGE in Charleston

• tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    finster said:
    I'll be watching closley for reviews and opinions. If it goes the way I think it will, I'll be pulling the trigger soon myself.

I have the Medium Woo2, but not the wok ring.  Use the Woo2 on almost every cook.  It really is nice to bring everything out of the egg as a unit.  I recommend it highly, but then again, I only use it 3 nights a week.  I have a cast iron griddle that I use on the bottom for reverse sears - works out perfect.

By the way - the 4th night I'm usually using the Woo2 on the XL.  I have an AR for the XL also, but the Woo2 sees much more use. 

Wish I could cook more, but usually there is only myself and the GFU, and I hate to waste food - we eat leftovers... 

Santa Paula, CA
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Options
    I hate leftovers!
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    I have the large woo2,spider and ci grill for spider .Love all of it . The platesetter sits inside the woo so when you are done with your cook you can easily pull grate and platesetter out with woo and egg will cool a lot faster . The spider and ci grill is great for searing . One of the best accessories I have bought for the egg beside paella pan purchased this past weekend.Look at the kickash charcoal basket,another winner,works great.
  • KSwoll
    KSwoll Posts: 129
    Options
    I have the Woo ring, the wok ring, and the carbon steel wok. I use the woo ring every time on my medium. The wok ring and wok gets use once a week. They are all good pieces to have for a medium. My hetero life mate prefers stir fry on the egg now as compared to cooking in the house. I can get a much higher temp and don't have to worry about getting the house all smokey and smelling like stir fry anymore.
    XL, Large, Medium, and Mini Max
    Northern Virgina
  • tksmoke
    Options
    @KSwoll - I'm sort of an old fashioned person, and this may be wayyyy OT, but what is a hetero life mate?  I'm not trying to pry, and consider myself accepting of multiple life styles.  I'm truly not hip to  modern terminology.  Is this a term that applies to sexual preference?  Or do you have multiple life mates, and this applies to one of them.  Please don't take offense - I'm just trying to understand and possibly develop a new modern descriptor for the GFU (girl friend unit).
    Santa Paula, CA
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Options
    I am looking to get a cast iron plate or pan to set on the wok ring for searing purposes. sctdg What are you using for your CI grate?  I like the KA basket but they do not make one for a medium BGE.  FEDEX tracking shows my order will be here tomorrow,  Just in time for Sunday nights party!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited August 2014
    Options
    tksmoke said:
    @KSwoll - I'm sort of an old fashioned person, and this may be wayyyy OT, but what is a hetero life mate?  I'm not trying to pry, and consider myself accepting of multiple life styles.  I'm truly not hip to  modern terminology.  Is this a term that applies to sexual preference?  Or do you have multiple life mates, and this applies to one of them.  Please don't take offense - I'm just trying to understand and possibly develop a new modern descriptor for the GFU (girl friend unit).
    Only time I have heard the term is on Jay and Silent Bob.  And he is referring to his life long live-in best friend. Nothing sexual, just best buddies that are as close as husband and wife minus the intimacy.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • tksmoke
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy -  Minus the intimacy???  Methinks that sucks...  I love Jay and Silent Bob.  Dogma is my favorite film, but that just points out my perverted sense of aesthetics.  Don't mean to hijack the thread...
    Santa Paula, CA
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    tksmoke said:
    @Thatgrimguy -  Minus the intimacy???  Methinks that sucks...  I love Jay and Silent Bob.  Dogma is my favorite film, but that just points out my perverted sense of aesthetics.  Don't mean to hijack the thread...
    I think the hetero life-mate quote is on Dogma.. or maybe it's mallrats.. can't remember!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • KSwoll
    KSwoll Posts: 129
    Options
    tksmoke said:
    Only time I have heard the term is on Jay and Silent Bob.  And he is referring to his life long live-in best friend. Nothing sexual, just best buddies that are as close as husband and wife minus the intimacy.
    lol, I was trying to be funny with everyone's terms of endearment for their significant other. The answer to your question is my wife is my hetero life mate. I did borrow this from from Jay and Silent Bob.
    XL, Large, Medium, and Mini Max
    Northern Virgina
  • tksmoke
    Options

OK - thanks.  It is funny - once you understand that it's not some PC hoohaw jargon.  Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is where reference seems to come from.  I've never seen it.  I guess I need to see if any one of the thousand services I subscribe to has it. 

I wonder if the GFU would hit me if I introduced her as my hetero life mate.  Gonna try it tomorrow.  If you hear about a bunch of folks stranded on an island because their pilot was incapacitated, you'll know what happened.  Hope you don't mind if I at least temporarily make it my own...

Santa Paula, CA