Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WOW - what a great, yet simple hors d'oeuvre

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_0810.jpg
<p />Saturday I picked up a jar of this wonderful jelly and I can't stay away from it! You merely spread 1/3 of the jar on an 8 oz block of room tempature "original" Philadelphia cream cheese and then serve with wafer crackers and a knife. Spread some of the jelly and cheese on the cracker and that hors d'oeuvre is hard to beat! It's made down there in El Paso, TX. It is not hot - just terrific tasting! WOW is it good!!!!!
BTW their direct price is good at a mere $4.00 as I paid $6.00 retail.

[ul][li]look under condiments for Jalapeno Jelly[/ul]
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    RRP,
    I agree, jalapeno jelly is great stuff. It's all over the place down here, even homemade versions. I love it on biscuits or mixed with cream cheese but all of that stuff is on my list of "no-eat" food items. Trying to lose 40 pounds so I'll have clothes that fit and muscles that don't ache from hauling so much arss around.[p]Happy New Year[p]Spring "More OF Me That Is Needed" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Did ya get the little guy yet???[p]
    Cheers,
    New Bob

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    RRP, you want another one ?
    flour tortila wrap:makes about 3
    Some pickled banana peppers finely chopped
    1/2 a block of cream cheese
    2 tablsp sour cream
    2 chives or green onions or a small onion finely chopped
    mixed all together & spread thinly over the entire flour tortila.
    place some smoked ham or pulled pork over the cream cheese layer leaving 2" at one end.
    roll up the stuffed tortila from the filled end to the unfilled end. wrap in aluminum foil and place in the fridge for a few hours.
    before serving, unwrap and slice into 3/4" rolls. Great with beer, wine or softdrink.

• Q-Scoop
    Options
    You've discovered the Texas version of what has been a cocktail party staple in the South for generations, only our version of jalapeno jelly is called red pepper or green pepper jelly. Sweet and spicy and almost always served over a block of cream cheese. Catherine

• Kyle
    Kyle Posts: 156
    Options
    RRP,
    You can cut the Philadelphia Cream Cheese from corner to corner, turn the triangles over to make a Christmas Tree and then put a piece of Cinnamon Stick at the base to make a tree trunk and cover it with the jelly to make a kind of unique (good) hors d'oeuvre. [p]Sort of a fun and tasty thing.[p]Best wishes Kyle

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    RRP,
    Our first Eggtoberfest back in 2004 there was a lady there selling habanero mint jelly. It was too die for. Went well on cream cheese with crackers and really well with roast leg of lamb.[p]John