Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Much Should I Ask?

Options
We may be moving from Oklahoma to Michigan. Thinking of selling my Large Egg with Accessories and getting an XLarge when I get to Michigan. What do you think I could get for it? It has the following:

1) Large Big Green Egg (BASE IS BRAND NEW - HAD REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY).
2) Table for Large Egg
3) SS Chimney Cap
4) Daisy Wheel
5) Ash Pan
6) Ash Tool
7) PSWoo2 from Ceramic Grill Store
8) Grid Lifter
9) Wire Brush
10) Rib Rack
11) Base and Top has new High Heat Gasket 
12) 13" Cast Iron Grate
13) Cover for Egg and Table
14) DigiQ DX2 BBQ Guru (Complete with fan, meat probe and pit probe). 

Thanks for Feedback!

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I wouldn't sell it. I couldn't part with it. My eggs are members of the family. With that being said you have a lot of stuff here. The only potential problem as I am sure you are aware is the no warranty issue. 

I have seen a lot of used larges go for around $400 to $500. You should be able to get a lot more since you have so much more stuff. 

I wish I could help you more. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Why a 13" CI grid (for WOO)?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Cullum
    Cullum Posts: 215
    Options
    Why a 13" CI grid (for WOO)?
    I use it to sear steaks close to coals. It fits on the bottom of the woo. 
  • Cullum
    Options
    I wouldn't sell it. I couldn't part with it. My eggs are members of the family. With that being said you have a lot of stuff here. The only potential problem as I am sure you are aware is the no warranty issue. 

I have seen a lot of used larges go for around $400 to $500. You should be able to get a lot more since you have so much more stuff. 

I wish I could help you more. 
    Yeah it's too bad the warranty doesn't transfer but I understand why it doesn't. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    That's a sweet set-up. I'd have a real issue parting with my LG. With eggcessories maybe $1,900-$2,350 on a good day. I wouldn't do it personally. I kinda figured that's what you were using the 13" for. Good luck to ya Laddie.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    I'd keep the DigiQ to use with the XL. You'll never be able to replace it for the few dollars difference you'll get selling it with the packaged Large.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Options
    With eggcessories maybe $1,900-$2,350 on a good day.

It'll never happen!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • Cullum
    Options
    Hawg Fan said:
    I'd keep the DigiQ to use with the XL. You'll never be able to replace it for the few dollars difference you'll get selling it with the packaged Large.
    I actually got the cyber q wi-fi complete so I'm good to go there. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

With eggcessories maybe $1,900-$2,350 on a good day.

It'll never happen!

Too high right? :-)

I couldn't do it brody!

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I'd be interested in a few of the accessories if you'd want to part them out? ie:13 inch cast iron grate, woo, ash tool, and the ss top.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think you should ask $25 for everything. It will take me awhile to get to OK, but I'll bring cash. :))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    =)) @DMW‌ ^^^^^
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited August 2014
    Options
    All together I would say in the $500-600 range.  But the problems is finding someone who wants or appreciates everything together.  Egg by itself with the basic accessories that come with it (daisy wheel, etc.), probably $400 or so. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I guess I will be the first to ask a dumb question...why are you wanting to sell all this? Is your move going to be that expensive to take a big hit? I see yo say you want to buy an XL, but I still don't get it! It would be like leaving one of the kids behind!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Cullum
    Options
    RRP said:
    I guess I will be the first to ask a dumb question...why are you wanting to sell all this? Is your move going to be that expensive to take a big hit? I see yo say you want to buy an XL, but I still don't get it! It would be like leaving one of the kids behind!
    I can only afford to have one egg and would like to upgrade to XL. It would also be easier not to move it and just start with a new XL up there. I already have a cyber q and would like to get several accessories for the XL from the ceramic grill store. I've been wanting to upgrade to an XL any way and this would be a good time to do it.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Cullum, Here is just a fraction of a thought, why not keep it and get the XL when you get up there. Here is a promise. When you move in you will be eggless and unless your XL is waiting for you, you will go through withdrawel very quickly. I would strap that large in the backseat and when you get there you can literally set it up that day. Even if its just on the patio sitting on little feet you can at least not be without. It will bring you comfort in your time of need and the ability to relax after unpacking. If you dont have room in the truck, that is a different story. Unless that is the only reason, i would not, I repeat, NOT SELL, your egg. On top of that it will take a small fortune to rerig a xl back to your current status and on top of that you will be unfamiliar with it and this will be a further cause of stress. DONT DO IT.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Cullum, Here is just a fraction of a thought, why not keep it and get the XL when you get up there. Here is a promise. When you move in you will be eggless and unless your XL is waiting for you, you will go through withdrawel very quickly. I would strap that large in the backseat and when you get there you can literally set it up that day. Even if its just on the patio sitting on little feet you can at least not be without. It will bring you comfort in your time of need and the ability to relax after unpacking. If you dont have room in the truck, that is a different story. Unless that is the only reason, i would not, I repeat, NOT SELL, your egg. On top of that it will take a small fortune to rerig a xl back to your current status and on top of that you will be unfamiliar with it and this will be a further cause of stress. DONT DO IT.

WELL SAID!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Options
    I agree I wouldn't sell, but if you must I would ask 600 for entire package but be prepared to take 500
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I bought my LBGE used (1 year old) with a plate setter and a two tier two grid adjustable rack for $500.00
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• Jherrod
    Jherrod Posts: 9
    Options
    Where are u located
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    I will give you 600.00 you can drop it off on your way to OK as iowa is right on your way :D
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Cullum
    Options
    Jherrod said:
    Where are u located
    Tulsa
  • bearBGE
    bearBGE Posts: 129
    Options
    But it's like having a car that's paid off why sell it...it's not costing you anything to own it and the little bit that you would get to put towards an XL isn't worth it...ALSO when you realize that the XL burns up lots of lump per grill out your going to regret not having it for the smaller cooks...ALSO...it's always nice to have an extra egg for indirect and one for direct there are so many times I use my L and XL at the same time...
  • bill37
    bill37 Posts: 127
    Options
    When are you moving? 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    People are throwing around a suggested price of $500 or $600. Have you thought that would not even purchase 50% of an XL? So you would be stuck coming up with the other 50% as well as the cost of all the toys you currently have. Not worth it IMO. How about keeping it and getting another large for extra real estate? They can share toys.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    +1 with @bearBGE.  Don't sell it.  

A new XL totally tricked out like your large is going to set you back $2000 or more.  

Subtract the $600 you would get for this setup and you have to spend $1400.  For that you can buy an XL with a nest, woo, and stone.  Build a new table to hold them both (you built the first one, right?) and you are in fat city.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Cullum
    Options
    Cookinbob said:
    +1 with @bearBGE.  Don't sell it.  

A new XL totally tricked out like your large is going to set you back $2000 or more.  

Subtract the $600 you would get for this setup and you have to spend $1400.  For that you can buy an XL with a nest, woo, and stone.  Build a new table to hold them both (you built the first one, right?) and you are in fat city.
    Do you have the XLarge?
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    We don't give a damn about the whole State of Michigan, we're from O HI O. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @Cullum,  if you are asking me, I do have an XL, like it lots.   I have added a woo, stone, platesetter which I no longer need, lump reducing ring,and a weber 22" grate to do a second level.  I do not have a controller and probably will not get one.  I do like that the XL fire box is so wide that I can push the lump to one side and do direct/indirect at the same time - I don't think you can do that easily on any of the other models.

I added a small to the family last month and someday will probably build a new table to hold both eggs.  Good luck whatever you decide to do, but I think you should keep the large :)
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Where did you get your 13" Cast Iron Grate? I'm all over the web and can't find one. 
    New Albany, Ohio