Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stoker wifi/router help

Options
Hey Guys,

having a very hard time setting up my stoker to wifi, I've noticed that some people on here seem to be familiar with the process as well as having tons of knowledge with routers etc. Is there anyone I can send some screenshots to that can walk me through the install.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Have you watched the YouTube links that are provided on Rock's site?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • dmarois
    dmarois Posts: 52
    Options
    yah I've followed them exactly at the end of the process when I reboot the stoker my wifi IP is still reading 000.000.000.000
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    when you are going up/ down in the stoker menu and see IP address, go up or down 1 more and you will see IP address RO. If you don't see an IP there, you haven't switched your unit over to wireless or haven't re-booted.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    I am getting ready same results as @dmarois Can anyone tell me how to get pass this part?
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Not to hi-jack...my FlameBoss 200 makes me want to stomp on it when trying to set up the Wi-Fi. Why does this stuff have to be such a PITA? 
    Thinking about getting a Stoker for my upcoming Reverse Flow build...
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    @dougcrann if you think setting up a Flameboss is a PITA, then stay away from the Stoker. I've got a better chance of figuring out a Rubik's Cube. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @dougcrann ... what are you doing to your FB200 that causes you to have to reset to wifi?  Connecting to your wifi is a onetime operation!  Yep, you have to know to place the secret ">" at the end of your password to capture it, but that's only slightly frustrating the first time around.  Well, unless you play with the reset to default button like I did once ... only once I might add.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• dougcrann
    Options
    @dougcrann if you think setting up a Flameboss is a PITA, then stay away from the Stoker. I've got a better chance of figuring out a Rubik's Cube. 
    Thanks for the heads up. 
  • dougcrann
    Options

@dougcrann ... what are you doing to your FB200 that causes you to have to reset to wifi?  Connecting to your wifi is a onetime operation!  Yep, you have to know to place the secret ">" at the end of your password to capture it, but that's only slightly frustrating the first time around.  Well, unless you play with the reset to default button like I did once ... only once I might add.
    I reset it. Will manually enter WiFi name  and password...put the secret symbol on it,only to have it start scanning again....and have it not save the pw that I entered.. 
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    @dougcrann ... do you have a strong wifi signal at your egg location?  You might try setting it up near your router and then moving it out to your egg.  @Ozzie_Isaac had a weak signal at his eggs and had to do some router shuffling ... of course he's got a bazillion things tapping into his wifi ... think the toilet is connected for some reason.  Once I've connected to my router, it fires up and connects automatically the next time it's used.

If that doesn't work, a phone call to Flameboss might get some better advice ... if you haven't done that already.

• dougcrann
    Options
    @Jeepster47.....we do indeed have a strong wifi signal at the Egg. Can actually pick up the signal at the road...about 250' from the Egg. First time I set it up it didn't do this. Will be getting a Warranty controller from them next week...unrelated problem...if the problem persists with the new one I will be calling. Thanks for the advice...
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I've never had a problem with my Stoker. I do keep it inside when I'm not using it. However, I have used it in the middle of winter in the snow. When using it with threat of snow or rain, I do have it inside a plastic box with a hole to route the wires through. Perhaps the ambient heat generated by the stoker electronics in the box keeps it warm? No idea, but my Stoker has been solid.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • dougcrann
    Options
    DMW said:
    I've never had a problem with my Stoker. I do keep it inside when I'm not using it. However, I have used it in the middle of winter in the snow. When using it with threat of snow or rain, I do have it inside a plastic box with a hole to route the wires through. Perhaps the ambient heat generated by the stoker electronics in the box keeps it warm? No idea, but my Stoker has been solid.
    Wish I was as high tech as a box...I use Zip lock bags lol...
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    dougcrann said:
    Wish I was as high tech as a box...I use Zip lock bags lol...
    Well hell, there's your problem ... the unit can't stand the MacGyver approach.

Do come back and tell us how the new unit works out.