Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Egger

RabidgooseRabidgoose Posts: 37
edited August 2014 in EGG Table Forum
Picked up a large the other day and have the table about done so I guess it's official.  Been lurking for a week or two while working on the table so I've already ordered some stuff that has been recommended on the site.  The warden thinks I'm a little crazy but that's not unusual.
Not real w/o a pic........

EDIT:  couldn't get it to load through the site (I will lower the res on the camera :)
LG BGE...PSWOOII-CI...PLATESETTER...THERMAPEN...MAVERICK-ET-733

Thumb MI
·

Comments

• badinfluencebadinfluence Posts: 1,148
    Welcome...and what did you order? A second egg?

One can never have too many eggs. :D
    1 XXL BGE, 1 XL BGE, 3 LG BGE, 3 MED. BGE, 1 SM. BGE, 2 MINI MAX BGE, 2 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 8,352
    Welcome. Enjoy the egg journey. And enjoy the forum and all it offers. :-)
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • anzyegganzyegg Posts: 1,090
    Congrats and welcome!!!! You'll start buying all sorts if things... You'll really love the Egg... Just get started cooking and enjoy!
    ·
  • RabidgooseRabidgoose Posts: 37
    edited August 2014
    Welcome...and what did you order? A second egg? One can never have too many eggs. :D
    No..lol...a maverick, thermapen, woo II CI, rubs and sauces along with some RW and OO.

Anybody have ideas for a good first cook, easy no brainer comes to mind?

thanks.....chuck 

Thumb MI
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,733
    Welcome. A low and slow boston butt is very straight forward and easy. I might also suggest a spatchcock chicken. 400 raised direct, 45-50 minutes.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
    edited August 2014
    Still playing with pics.....getting closer, I think

Thumb MI
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,909
    edited August 2014

They have to be under 20mb to upload directly. I prefer just using photobucket to host.

Welcome!!
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·
  • Table and pic with some of the goodies.....

Thumb MI
    ·
    That is a damn good start!  Outside of getting the 2nd fastest Thermapen, you have all your bases covered.    :-bd

100% Organic Lump Charcoal  =))
    ·
  • cazzy said:
    They have to be under 20mb to upload directly. I prefer just using photobucket to host. Welcome!!
    @cazzy That's what I use most times, what code did you use in PB?  I played with it for a while and could only get it to post a link.

thanks.....chuck

Thumb MI
    ·
    cazzy said:
    They have to be under 20mb to upload directly. I prefer just using photobucket to host. Welcome!!
    @cazzy That's what I use most times, what code did you use in PB?  I played with it for a while and could only get it to post a link.

thanks.....chuck
    Use Direct, then insert it using this:

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,788
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Strong start.  A game changer.
    Louisville
    ·
  • badinfluencebadinfluence Posts: 1,148
    Great start. You will love the blues hog. Next you need thi. Nothing like a 12 foot Mr egghead to help cook
    1 XXL BGE, 1 XL BGE, 3 LG BGE, 3 MED. BGE, 1 SM. BGE, 2 MINI MAX BGE, 2 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
    ·
  • jcasparyjcaspary Posts: 1,307
    Congrats and welcome aboard. The warden will understand and accept the disease the more you turn out good food.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
    ·
    edited August 2014
    Egg and table......
    Thanks @cazzy

Great start. You will love the blues hog. Next you need thi. Nothing like a 12 foot Mr egghead to help cook
    @badinfluence Yeah, I saw that.....classic

Thumb MI
    ·
  • tksmoketksmoke Posts: 732

OK @Rabidgoose - good work on the pictures - now start getting it dirty!!!  Spatchcock chicken is a great start.  Refer to http://www.nakedwhiz.com/spatch.htm for detailed instructions (and all sorts of other ceramic cooking lore). 

Welcome aboard - enjoy the ride!!!

Santa Paula, CA
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,273
    Welcome. ..nice setup
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 338
    Welcome, the learning lamp is on.
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,309
    Welcome aboard!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 1,555
    Well slap me with a wet fish...Wow what a haul..Congrats and welcome..Look forward to seeing all that tackle being put to use..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    ·
  • Philly35Philly35 Posts: 521
    Welcome! It takes most of us a year or so to acquire all those goodies! Good job! And nice table!
    NW IOWA
    ·
  • Holy Sheet!!! Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas :) nicely played ...mama always said if your going go with both feet at once !!

Large Green Egg / Maverick ET-733 / home made Eggstation

Go Gators

·
  • oh yeah forgot ..welcome I'm almost a newbie myself just a few months old :)

Large Green Egg / Maverick ET-733 / home made Eggstation

Go Gators

·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 8,352
    That picture looks like a "model home". It's real purdy but, hasn't been lived in. Time to break in that showroom purdy egg ;-)
    Easy...no brainer cooks... :-?
    Spatchcock >:)
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • look at that pristine white egg...
    ·
  • Thanks all!!  Doing some brats for supper tonight but did pick up a boston butt for tomorrow at @tulocay recommendation.  Thought about a chicken but the wife said not to chicken (just had some).

chuck

Thumb MI
    ·
  • stemc33stemc33 Posts: 2,093
    Picked up a large the other day and have the table about done so I guess it's official.  Been lurking for a week or two while working on the table so I've already ordered some stuff that has been recommended on the site.  The warden thinks I'm a little crazy but that's not unusual.
    Not real w/o a pic........

EDIT:  couldn't get it to load through the site (I will lower the res on the camera :)

Welcome. Nice setup. :-bd

If the warden thinks your a LITTLE crazy right now, just give it a few months. You'll have everybody that's associated with you thinking your really off your rocker.
    Steven
    LBGE, iGrill 2, and Plate Setter
    Banner, Wyoming
    ·
  • JstrokeJstroke Posts: 152
    I admit you get big points for patience. Most here would stick the egg on the patio without a table and without goodies and squat around it like savages--nicely played
    "There is nothing--absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
    ·
  • cook861cook861 Posts: 651
    welcome lots of nice toys have useing them
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
    ·