Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thighs for Wednesday supper.

Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
Wife had a work dinner so I was on my own. As I have said before when she is gone I cook what she won't eat.
Picked up some thighs and rubbed with a Cajun rub I had on the shelf. Once they hit 165 I glazed with a peach/jalepeno jelly that I warmed until runny.
On the small with some peach wood image
For the side I just had a simple salad. The thighs were the best I have made to date. Skin wasn't super crispy because of the glaze but hey that's fine when it taste good. imageimage

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Excellent cook, plating and pics. Home run my friend! Solid all around. =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mattman3969
    I guess by sayin the SWMBO was gone everybody knows that I played with the flowers :-S

analyze adapt overcome

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Great looking cook, with an often over looked ingredient.  Both chicken and turkey thighs cook up great on the BGE.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mattman3969
    edited August 2014
    Thanks Doc. I like the thighs much better than the breast meats any day.

analyze adapt overcome

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    edited August 2014
    Did you give yourself the flowers?? :P

Just kidding. :D thighs look good, I can't seem to nail those.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Mattman3969
    Actually my neighbor brought the flowers in a box with some tomatoes,cukes & peaches. I just played with the flowers :D

analyze adapt overcome

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

Hey don't worry about it. I like to take myself on a date occasionally too.

{Um...this is um...well actually I don't mind going to weddings or anything, as long as there not my own I show up. But I've always kinda been partial to calling myself up on the phone and asking myself out, you know? Oh yeah, you call yourself up too huh? Yeah, well one thing about it, your always around. Yeah I know, yeah you ask yourself out, you know, some class joint somewhere. The Buretto King or something, you know. Well I ain't cheap you know. Take yourself out for a couple of drinks maybe. Then there'd be some provocative conversation on the way home. Park in front of the house you know. Oh yeah, you smoothly put a little nice music on, maybe you put on like uh, you know, like shopping music, something thats not too interruptive you know and then uh slide over real nice and say 'Oh I think you have something in your eye'. Well maybe it's not that romantic with you but Christ I don't know, you know I get into it you know. Take myself up to the porch, take myself inside or maybe uh, or may get a little something, a brandy snifter or something. 'Would like you like to listen to some of my back records? I got something here' Uh Well usually about 2.30 in the morning you've ended up taking advantage of yourself. There ain't no way around that you know. Yeah, making a scene with a magazine, there ain't no way around. I'll confess you know, I'm no different you know. I'm not weird about it or anything, I don't tie myself up first. I just kinda spend a little time with myself
    So this is kind of a little anthem here}

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mattman3969
    That describes my whole evening. It did take me a while to ask myself out but it all went good. Thank You LS for not making me feel alone in my thinkings. :x

analyze adapt overcome

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Very nice, solid cook, i love it when the wife goes out, liver and onions or bluefish. Stinky cheese, gin martinis. Elbows on the table.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Mattman3969
    Liver and onions was my second choice. Love em!!

analyze adapt overcome

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    I hear ya, my wife can smell it 24 hours later. I have to be careful or use a crossbreaze and a fan
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Jstroke said:
    Very nice, solid cook, i love it when the wife goes out, liver and onions or bluefish. Stinky cheese, gin martinis. Elbows on the table.
    Ahhh, liver on the egg, fried onion and canned gravy with mashed spuds and peas. Six pints O' Guinness. Heaven! Only trouble is she isn't there for the Dutch Oven.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Little Steven said   
    Ahhh, liver on the egg, fried onion and canned gravy with mashed spuds and peas. Six pints O' Guinness. Heaven! Only trouble is she isn't there for the Dutch Oven.

:)) :)) :)) :))

Export works better

=))
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034

Great pics Mattman

Awesome looking meal

Shane

• I guess by sayin the SWMBO was gone everybody knows that I played with the flowers :-S
    Beautiful cook!

Next time, if you must have a plant in the shot have a cactus!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Wouldn't have noticed about the flowers until you brought it to our attention. I was focused on the food. Excellent job.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming