Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sam's Club BBQ Tour

Options
Is coming to Harrisburg this Saturday. 30 cooks in competition, and part of the Kansas City BBQ Society. Any one ever cooked in one or tasted? http://www.kcbs.us/samstour/

Comments

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    I haven't competed or judged in one but I've been to them. They are pretty much like most other small-medium KCBS competitions. They also had the KC Masterpiece team there giving out 1 or 2 types of samples and Troy Black used to do a cooking demo but I'm not sure if his replacement, Michael McDearman, is also doing the demos. They were very basic, as much as you can cover on butts, ribs, etc in 1 hour total. Not bad, just limited in time.

It's free so definitely worth going, but unless you're one of the KCBS certified judges or friends with a team, your tasting will be limited to the cooking demos. It's nothing like an Eggfest. Still fun, just didn't want anyone to think you could sample much.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Thanks Chris. Sounds like if I am in the area I may stop in, but probably won't go out of my way.