Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

warning salado

Options
2»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Is there still openings for cooks or is it sold out?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    SGH said:
    Is there still openings for cooks or is it sold out?
    <br/ Cooks are free. Tasters are free. Beer is free if you can find henapples cooler and you can get a PBR down. Kilts are encouraged. Yes you can cook. We have a pre-party on Friday night and a post-party on Sat night both at the Inn on the Creek (host hotel). Henapple is encouraged to be clothed at parties (at the EggFest it is mandatory).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I think the henapple "encouragement" policy regarding clothing isn't persuasive enough.  And you need to define clothing as constructed with non-bacon, opaque materials.
    Options
    I think the henapple "encouragement" policy regarding clothing isn't persuasive enough.  And you need to define clothing as constructed with non-bacon, opaque materials.
    Bacon Toga!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SGH
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    If Nola goes this year I will more than likely be there myself. Would be a honor to get to meet y'all.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    There may not be enough food. LIttle Steven will have to smuggle in a couple of whole animals.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'm in for pre-party-shut down next year. My SXSW obligations are no longer. We are moving to Bonnaroo and a few others.  @eggcelsior got the final shot with Luda this year. 

So for...for those who prefer me in small doses, I apologize in advance.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'm in for pre-party-shut down next year. My SXSW obligations are no longer. We are moving to Bonnaroo and a few others.  @eggcelsior got the final shot with Luda this year. 

Sweet! I'm willing to drive to Bonnaroo. The more CT, the better.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

Sweet! I'm willing to drive to Bonnaroo. The more CT, the better.
    Yeah he blew in the last minute last year, scooped up a couple of demos, and was gone with the wind.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    There may not be enough food. LIttle Steven will have to smuggle in a couple of whole animals.
    I would love to bring a moose down but they are expensive to ship on Air Canada. They get pretty angry about it too. The moose I mean.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SGH
    Options
    @Little Steven
    If it's allowed I'm bringing a few bovine heads.

Status- Standing by.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    The wife lady has decided to not come this year. I'll be bringing my party panties and the number to the local taxi company.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Options
    The wife lady has decided to not come this year. I'll be bringing my party panties and the number to the local taxi company.

Say it ain't so
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Steven
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Little Steven‌ If it's allowed I'm bringing a few bovine heads.
    Ahhh! Barbacoa.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

My daughter was talking about going to bonnaroo. I told her I'd take her group of friends but I'm staying in my fifth wheel.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    the wife lady just gave me to go ahead to get a room and slum it for a few days. @Mickey‌ how much are the rooms at the inn and do they still have rooms available
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    I love music, and I have been known to partake in some herbal therapy on occasion. But I would rather be in Cambodia with a bad case of colic than be in a hay field in Manchester, TN in June with 50,000 other sweaty fools
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Mickey
    Options
    the wife lady just gave me to go ahead to get a room and slum it for a few days. @Mickey‌ how much are the rooms at the inn and do they still have rooms available

Contact Will at Inn on the Creek. (254) 291-9626

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    TTC said:
    I love music, and I have been known to partake in some herbal therapy on occasion. But I would rather be in Cambodia with a bad case of colic than be in a hay field in Manchester, TN in June with 50,000 other sweaty fools
    agreed...unless you are a sponsor. The sweaty fools turn in to hotties and free drinks in a hurry :)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX