Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank you Mad Max!

Options
Rookie Eggcock
Rookie Eggcock Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Turkey and Gravy recipe was fantastic. I was the talk of Christmas. Thank you again for your help.[p]REC

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Rookie Eggcock,
    glad it worked out so well for you. .. . it was great talking to you the other day (you were one of the folks that called, right?) . .. . [p]

• Dublin Dawg
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    My ti=urket trurned out excellent also, but I have one question: MY roaster pan did not hav emuch crud in the bootom - plenty of liquid but not much caked on crud. I put my turkey into a V rack, sitting in an aluminum roaster pan, sitting on the upside down lid of an 8 quart dutch oven lid, sitting on the 3 green BGE feet, sitting on my inverted place setter. Did I maybe have too much "air" underneath everything? Gravy was still great, just not a lot of crud.....

• Rookie Eggcock
    Options
    and I cooked it the exact same way as you. V-Rack included. I was wondering what I had done wrong myself... if anything.
  • Rookie Eggcock
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]No that wasn't me mad max... but I certainly do know who to call should I need any help! Thank you again.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Rookie Eggcock,
    to be honest, sometimes there is more stuck on crud than other times, i can't explain it. ... even if the pan comes out smooth after you've poured and reserved all the drippings, still follow the instructions the same way. .. . as you add the butter and flour, it will still mix with what ever is in the pan, even if its not much... .