Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Want to do something easy and different tonight

I promised the wife I would grab a bottle of wine and BGE something up tonight. Seems like we are in a rut and always do one of the following:
  • Cedar Plank Salmon
  • High Temp Beef Tenderloin
  • Thick Cut Pork Chops Grilled
  • Ribs/Brisket/Pork Butt Smoked
I thought about trying halibut, sea bass or snapper tonight, but all the recipes are more involved...

Anyone have any suggestions on something different than the above, somewhat easy (2 hours max) and delicious? :)
·

Comments

• hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,208
    One of the simplest of BGE cooks.........................The infamous spatchcock.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motley Brew.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,408
    Sockeye ( lunch today) image
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,458
    Grill or plank assorted seafood like scallops, shrimp, salmon, and snapper. Serve over a plate of pasta tossed with spinach or asparagus and grape tomatoes. Make a lemon butter caper sauce and pour on top. Easy, quick and good. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • MaccoolMaccool Posts: 191
    You could go a million ways with kabobs.
    ·
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 3,524
    May I suggest @henapple?  

Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC - Large BGE - Medium BGE - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg) - Grid Extender - Bayou Classic 14" CI griddle
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    ·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,426
    Your "rut" cooking sounds pretty good to me!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,572
    wings
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • keepervodeflamekeepervodeflame Posts: 223
    edited August 2014
    Grill some snapper, make a salsa fresca with tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, shredded red cabbage,  and lime juice. Slice some avocados. Heat some tortillas on the grill, and make fish tacos. Always a favorite at my house. If you feel hungry throw a little steak on the grill as well, slice it thin in shreds and make steak tacos for those that want something different.  All you need is some cold Tecate and your in business. 
    ·
  • THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 1,827
    Fajita Steak Salad
    Suwanee, GA
    UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! 
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,103
    shrimp tacos with coleslaw and avacados
    ·
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,220
    edited August 2014
    centercut lamb chops

This.  Or a rack of lamb.  Takes about 45 minutes to an hour - prep included.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1166014/insert-clever-title-here
    NOLA
    ·
  • fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,258
    Mix 80/20 ground beef with a raw egg, chopped bell pepper, shredded pepper-jack cheese, precooked chopped bacon, one clove minced garlic, chopped jalapenos, a splash of Dale's/soy sauce, your favorite dry rub/DP Cowlick and any other diced vegetables you want. Form into patties and cook burgers direct at 450-500 until done. Then top with bbq sauce, sliced avocado and any of your other favorite toppings. 

I prefer to mix everything with the ground beef, as opposed to "stuffing" the burgers in the middle.
    Large & Mini, Cumming, GA  
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • jaymzjaymz Posts: 3
    henapple said:
    Salmon. .. by the title I thought your wife wasn't going to be involved.
    Took me a moment :)
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,482
    Johnsonville Original brats.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • jaymzjaymz Posts: 3
    fence0407 said:
    Mix 80/20 ground beef with a raw egg, chopped bell pepper, shredded pepper-jack cheese, precooked chopped bacon, one clove minced garlic, chopped jalapenos, a splash of Dale's/soy sauce, your favorite dry rub/DP Cowlick and any other diced vegetables you want. Form into patties and cook burgers direct at 450-500 until done. Then top with bbq sauce, sliced avocado and any of your other favorite toppings. 

I prefer to mix everything with the ground beef, as opposed to "stuffing" the burgers in the middle.
    This sounds good. Wonder if it would work well with ground Venison as well.
    ·
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,220
    edited August 2014
    jaymz said:
    This sounds good. Wonder if it would work well with ground Venison as well.
    The only thing to watch with ground venison is that by itself, it usually doesn't have a high fat content and can have problems sticking together.  The egg can help with that, but often it is mixed with ground pork, which is tasty and can supply some of the fat content as well.

With those caveats, it would work great with ground venison.  We did something similar last weekend.
    NOLA
    ·
  • timekpr1timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Carry out
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
    ·
  • MJHMJH Posts: 102
    Chicken, in any form. The most underrated of BGE cooks. Ima make me and my bride a wonderful Pollo al Mattone tonight (marinated in lemon juice & zest, evoo, salt, pepper & a lot of rosemary). Quick, easy & insanely delicious. Serve with some grilled asparagus.
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 10,840
    Chinese takie outie wok style on the egg.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,695
    CI seared scallops and roasted veggies image

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·