Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is going on lately

13»

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    henapple said:
    @minniemoh‌ ...you had me till the "rubber gloves and grease up to my elbow". Reminded me of Salado. X_X

Quit whinin'.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    @Stemc33, It is not the price of the camera nor the price of the outdoor kitchen, it is the man behind both tools... 
    I agree. I always take pics with my phone, and I certainly don't have an outdoor kitchen. I have two eggs sitting beside each other and that is it, but I have a lot of fun. 

When I do post a pic of something cooking SWMBO always says "they are going to laugh at you". Wow what a confidence booster. And no she wasn't a cheerleader in high school.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    @johnkitchens I like to see everyone cook.  I don't care what they use personally.  I get inspired by all.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited August 2014
    @Stemc33, It is not the price of the camera nor the price of the outdoor kitchen, it is the man behind both tools... 
    Yes sir!!!   @henapple is a perfect example that a BGE and a DSLR won't make your **** smell like roses.   >:)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412

I agree. I always take pics with my phone, and I certainly don't have an outdoor kitchen. I have two eggs sitting beside each other and that is it, but I have a lot of fun. 

When I do post a pic of something cooking SWMBO always says "they are going to laugh at you". Wow what a confidence booster. And no she wasn't a cheerleader in high school.

Hey John, mine just laughs at me. :-B
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980

I used to compete at international culinary events aka culinary Olympics so I can definitely make a presentation plate. I just cant be bothered with food coming off the egg. I want to eat it hot not having to worry about lighting and such.

I only post pics of things that are new to me or I have had great success with, with the position of hopefully showing another method or how to improve mine or someone elses.  ie

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1169228/who-needs-a-stinkin-pizza-stone#latest

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    I hardly spend any time taking pictures.  I put it on a plate, take a snap shot, grab plate, go to the table, and eat... 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    I just have to say thanks to all of you for "upping your game", it has helped me to do the same.  Have had a Large Egg for more than a year.  Mostly cooked burgers, dogs, chicken, steaks, pork tenderloin...  I haven't posted in the past because of a lack of experience and a lack of trying different things.   In the past two weeks I have stuffed chicken, pork tenderloin, and meatloaf.  Now that I have seen tips on ballotine I will give that a try.  Most of the time spent on the forum has been centered around looking for tips and ideas.  The more one person steps up their game the more it helps everyone else to do the same.  Keep up the good work all!!!
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • I'll continue to post my cooks, pretty or not, simple or complicated.  I love reading about people's cooks, learning about recipes and techniques, and that happens only when folks post stuff.  I also like to hear feedback about my own cooks, what I could do better or differentl next time, etc.  It's how we help each other get better and enjoy our eggs that much more.
  • Jeremiah
    edited August 2014

I'll continue to post my cooks, pretty or not, simple or complicated.  I love reading about people's cooks, learning about recipes and techniques, and that happens only when folks post stuff.  I also like to hear feedback about my own cooks, what I could do better or differentl next time, etc.  It's how we help each other get better and enjoy our eggs that much more.

Well said! =D>

Most of the time when I do post a cook, it very hesitantly but at the same time I REALLY love the input. I'm very much in the novice category when it come to cooking in general, making the negative feedback even more helpful sometimes than the positive.
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    I agree the the folks on here have been posting some awesome cooks. I've also seen some newbies posting great ones. I've been helped by seeing all the posts and my good friend @SGH‌ advice has helped a great deal. My pics aren't great and sometimes turn sideways but I enjoy just being a part with so awesome folks.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @anzyegg‌
    Your cooks and pics are excellent. Nothing wrong with them at all. Nothing. Keep them coming because I really enjoy them my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    What I take from this is that a lot of us are kind of intimidated to post our cooks because we feel that they are not "good enough" to post here. 

From now on I say "F It". My cook is my cook, and I am going to post it. I enjoy looking at ALL of the other cooks maybe at least a few of you guys will enjoy mine. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    I'm sure we will @johnkitchens‌. Everyone needs to keep the posts coming and just share....
  • Jeremiah
    @johnkitchens‌ and @anzyegg‌ Post 'em I say. And again, I say give honest opinions. If what I post sucks, say so, don't just click away to be polite,
    tell me what to do differently!
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    GalanteNate_OneEa Posts: 967
    edited August 2014
    Im one of those guys, who's reads the first msg, and will never know if the 50 msg's before me clarified the issue, but…
    I feel that yes, if there are post by certain persons, who will not be named, they are bound to get 1.5K views and 10%+ comments.  With that said, those specific people post 100+ times per day and tend to not be idiots, or maybe they ate total idiots and people know it will be entertaining.  So yeah, duh, they will get the response.
    Now with that said, I have posted  on here a few times, they are never negative post, and neither is this one, Im just saying' Im not your typical troll, and on my 6th or 7th discussion I got a couple 'k views, and on the majority of my discussions I got about <100.  I have never used a camera to take my pics, but don't get me wrong, I take a few with my phone and pick the best one.
    I have also leaned that "Dinner" or "My Way" only will work for a few members as titles for their discussions.  Much like this discussion, which I passed on many times, you need a catchy title, or a serious one, like I have posted many times, "HELP NEEDED, PLEASE READ", "or "You will never guess what I cooked"
    All of that said, post every pic of every cook, chime in every chance you get with you're two cents, and egg on!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    paqman said:
    Usually those with over 10,000 don't have a life.
    You may be right! :-?
    Yer both bastids

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    henapple said:
    @minniemoh‌ ...you had me till the "rubber gloves and grease up to my elbow". Reminded me of Salado. X_X
    Real glad you didn't comeback to cali's and my place

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660

paqman said:

henapple said:

Usually those with over 10,000 don't have a life.

You may be right!
    :-?

Yer both bastids

And it gets worst with with each 5k increment. I won't even describe what happens when you reach 26131 posts...

Forget about it. Now we're going to Nippising. Can I buy you dinner somewhere?

Steve 

Caledon, ON