Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is she great or what?

chuckls
chuckls Posts: 399
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My lovely wife Val just seems to know what an egger needs. Last year, she chatted up LawnRanger, and got me a set of tools with a personalized hanger.[p]This year, what do you know, a BBQ GURU under the tree!! Wow what a gal![p]I decided to use it for my Christmas Day cook - a 7 lb prime rib roast. What a great tool! Easy setup, easy monitoring, rock-solid dependability. [p]Here's a few photos from the first GURU cook...[p]First, rubbed the roast with Cruz Bay Grill Rub from St. John's Spice in Cruz Bay, St. John. Rubbed and wrapped for overnight in the fridge.
rubbed.jpg
[p]Next, a shot of my brand new BBQ GURU in action! Set up indirect with a plate setter & drip pan (set on a small grid so the drippings don't burn in the drip pan)
I set it for 330 - dome temp dial read about 340, and my NuTemp read about 228 (at roast level). I was shooting for 325 & so was happy...
Guru.jpg
[p]Took about 2 1/2 hours to reach 122 internal - that's when I pulled it, wrapped in foil and covered with towels to let rest for about 30 min while the rest of the dinner was finalized..
done!.jpg
[p]And may I introduce my family, left to right:[p]Mallory, 20, Art Major, just got back from fall semester at Univ of HI, Hilo. She's attending Western State in Gunnison this next semester, snowboarding 4 days a week at Crested Butte, CO! Trading beach towel, sunscreen, and temps in the 80's for snowboard, sunscreen, and temps below zero![p]Valerie, lovely wife of 23 years, what else can I say (remember the post's title)[p]Alex, resident comic, 21 yrs as of September, taking classes and working, living in an apartment in Ft. Collins[p]
family.jpg
[p]Hope all fellow eggers had a warm and merry Christmas. Best wishes to all for a Happy New Year![p]Chuck[p]

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Great looking pics - especially the one of the family. My oldest spent Christmas away from us (in Austin) this year for the first time. We're certainly looking forward to him returning home in two weeks. ANd that chunk of meat looks pretty good as well. Maybe your wife is putting two and two together. The more gadgets she buys, the better the food gets! LOL
  • chuckls,
    Everything looks fantastic! [p]Happy Holidays to you,[p]phillip

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    chuckls,[p]Family is looking good, so does the roast. How do you get the presents you want? I've tried psychology, reverse psychology, begging ... but i never get the neat stuff...[p]Scott

• chuckls
    bbqwizard,[p]Happy Holidays right back at ya![p]Here's to a great eggin' 2006![p]Chuck
  • chuckls
    eggor,[p]I just mentioned the BBQ Guru once - during an overnight butt cook. My wireless temp alarm went off twice during the night - had to get up and adjust the draft.[p]Next morning I mentioned to Val that "If I only had a BBQ Guru, then my cooks would last all night without setting off the alarm."[p]That was months ago - imagine my surprise when I see she had got me one! Maybe it stuck in her head 'cause she didn't want to hear the stupid "beep beep beep beep ..." of the alarm.[p]Happy Holidays, and a great eggin' 2006![p]Chuck