Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For Fellow Heavyweights. Nibblers need not look.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Thought I would give the mini a break tonight. I kicked this evenings supper off with 48 chargrilled oysters, 8 pieces of bread and a bowl of seafood gumbo and rice while waiting on the main course. Here is the small appetizer. imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    I'm no fan of oysters, but your appetizer volume seems about right. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2014
    Options

Dear God in Heaven!

[-O<

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• SGH
    Options
    @Sardonicus‌
    I'm taking that as a compliment my friend! ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @Foghorn‌
    Could have eaten a few more dozen easily. Didn't have much cash in pocket though. Had to throttle back a little.

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    @SGH Seriously, just how many people do you cook for? Do you do catering, have a restaurant, or run a very high-end soup kitchen for amazingly lucky hungry people? (If so, can I be hungry in your town?) Everything is looking yummy so far!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    Man those oysters look killer. Wish I could eat em again but became allergic to shellfish in 03 almost died from shrimp!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2014
    Options

:D

Brother, take it as a compliment

and a prayer.

Not necessarily in that order.

[-O< ^:)^

^:)^ [-O<

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    Usually I'm cooking for 4 or 2. I eat like a gorilla. I'm plagued with almost endless hunger. Almost a glutton. I'm a man of very very large appetite. I love to eat and eat large. Can't help it. It's what I do well .

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Kosko‌
    Certainly sorry to hear that brother. Glad that you pulled through and are well.

Status- Standing by.

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:
    @SGH Seriously, just how many people do you cook for? Do you do catering, have a restaurant, or run a very high-end soup kitchen for amazingly lucky hungry people? (If so, can I be hungry in your town?) Everything is looking yummy so far!

I've wondered about this myself. My biggest question is how @SGH‌ can egg all day and contribute to the forum all night. I guess he's a "man of very very large appetite", that doesn't need sleep.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • PNWFoodie
    Options
    @SGH Do you have hollow legs? I love to eat, and I'm certainly not tiny, but if I put away either that bowl of yummy looking gumbo OR half a dozen oysters, I'd be done for! I guess I just have to live vicariously through you! Tell me more about the gumbo - what kinds of seafood?
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    The gumbo was gulf shrimp, blue crab and a shot of sausage. Cajun roux and rice.
    @stemc33‌
    I have a severe nerve disorder and a extremely high metabolism. Can't sleep but about 2-5 hours in a 24 hour period. Been that way since child hood.

Status- Standing by.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    Options
    WoW....amaziing.
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SGH
    Options
    @lkapigian‌
    Thank you brother. The main course pics are coming.

Status- Standing by.

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    @SGH‌ I was there last night
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌
    Should have called me brother. Would have gladly met you there. We could have had a oyster eat off! How about Sunday?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    The main course. Grilled red fish stuffed with crab meat and topped with shrimp and butter with a shot of cayenne at my request.imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    Options
    I am embarrassed . There are several of you tat do some amazing thing. @SGH @Travis @Cazzy to name a few".....my stuff is very primal. Need to learn sauce and plating techniques
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SGH
    Options
    @lkapigian‌
    I did not cook this my friend. I was eating this at a Restaraunt. Had to have a break. Been cooking over time as of late.

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    Options
    @sgh Is that shredded butter on top? Looks delicious!
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    Yes ma'am. Butter, cheese, shrimp and lump crab with a shot of cayenne for good measure.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    How are you not as big as a damn grizzly bear? Most people who eat like you have to have a crane lift them in and out of the bathroom or out the front door to be loaded on a flatbed for dr's appointments. Is that what the tractor is intended for? So mrs sgh can pick up your fatass after a few more years of these huge binges?

Little Rock, AR

• PNWFoodie
    Options
    Cheese? I thought cheese and seafood was a faux pas, non?
    Sandy
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Faux pas are okay if they are cooked on an egg, and are delicacies when wrapped in a bacon weave before being egged.

Little Rock, AR

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I love that the appetizer is 3x the size of the main course. It lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous.

It also looks delicious, scrumptious, and outstanding! =P~

http://youtu.be/xGvYWauwLAY

Fantastic cook as always my friend. I'm jealous, my fiancé can't do seafood anymore, which is a shame because it's probably my favorite food to cook and eat in the world.
  • PNWFoodie
    Options
    @Chilly Willy‌ I don't think this is SGH's cook. I think he mentioned restaurant and those don't look like his dishes.

@Biggreenpharmacist‌ I was going to ask, but was afraid he might be and did not want to offend. Since you've met him, though...inquiring minds DO want to know! ;)
    Sandy
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    He's bound to have a tapeworm. He's just an average looking fella. Maybe he's one of those competitive eaters in his off time. They all seem to be small but eat a ton.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌
    Thank you brother Chillly.
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Yes sir. When I get so big I can't walk my wife can just scoop me up with the tractor and move me from the egg to the table!
    @PNWFoodie‌
    The cheese and no seafood rule is a misnomer. I proved it wrong over 40 years ago. Seafood and cheese are perfectly safe and par excellent together my friend. Trust me on this one.
    @lkapigian‌
    Sir I'm honored to be put in the same category as brother Strickland and brother Cazzy. But they are honestly more astute cooks than I. I thank you nonetheless my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    I'm only 6 foot and 232 pounds. But I eat like Big Goliath!

Status- Standing by.