Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First time using Dizzy Pig!

2»

Comments

• KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 717
    Phatchris said:
    Thanks all, I was nervous about leaving the membrane on so I scored them once I realized and didn't even notice it... :D

Great cook.  I've made the same mistake and they turned out fine too.  I still pull the membrane if for no other reason than I like to season up the underside too. 

On the Dizzy Pig, Dizzy Dust is the catchall and good on everything.  But if you like a little heat and spice, give Swamp Venom or Jamaican Firewalk a try on ribs.  Pure excellence!!

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• SGHSGH Posts: 19,295
    @Phatchris‌
    The ribs look phenomenal my friend. Solid cook. For a real treat mix the 2 50/50. It's outstanding. Again excellent cook.image

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
  • PhatchrisPhatchris Posts: 1,190
    I'll have to order some smokey mountain, I have some Tennessee red... B-)
  • Half of each mixed together for the Blues Hog......
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
  • PhatchrisPhatchris Posts: 1,190
    I thought the Blues Hog straight up was pretty f'n awesome...
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,918
    Damn fine looking ribs! I have some thawing in the fridge now.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SGHSGH Posts: 19,295
    @Phatchris‌
    The sauce is awesome straight up. No question if it. Mixing the 2 just adds a excellent second flavor profile. Either can stand very well on their own though. Great products.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
  • Grillin_beersGrillin_beers Posts: 1,106
    I'm a huge dizzy pig fan. I haven't had a rub from them that I don't like. Those ribs look so good I'm going to have to run to the store this morning and have ribs for dinner!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • jllbmsjllbms Posts: 371
    edited August 2014
    I used Dizzy rub on some burgers last night and was a bit heavy handed. SWMBO says no more on burgers!
    Long Beach, MS