Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New XXL For Sale in Salado $3800

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
New XXL with Nest in Salado $3800.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Calling that a nest is like calling a aircraft carrier a john boat- but good deal for someone.
    Greensboro, NC
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    You going to raffle that bad boy off in march?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    henapple said:

You and I don't want to be moving that thing.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    We can put little stefon in it
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Guaranteed someone will buy it, personally I rather a mini max.Little stephon still may fit....lol
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Mickey said:
    henapple said:

You and I don't want to be moving that thing.

I'll be there this year.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    When is it this year- a long way from NC but the wife didn't say no... Now what to do with the kids...
    Greensboro, NC
  • Mickey
    Wolfpack said:
    When is it this year- a long way from NC but the wife didn't say no... Now what to do with the kids...

March 14th with the pre-party Fri night and post-party Sat night.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    The post party May or may not get out of hand. I'll be leaving the wife and kid at home ant taking a cab home.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    hapster said:
    Are you selling raffle tickets?

For Travis?

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    That is a much better price than I have seen them for around here. I'm fairly certain the plate setter is included with the XXL. That is still more than 2 XL's, but at that price and the right amount of space @badinfluence could influence me at some point in the future.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2014
    If I could get one for under four grand I would buy it . No question of it.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    They are getting closer to a good price

Mine came with the nest and platesetter but I added the table mates and the egghandler.

I would really recommend the handler with this one as it is heavy.

Oh yeah and mine came with free delivery and set up. That is something my dealer does just to set them apart. Also glad about that as again this egg is really heavy.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    SGH said:
    If I could get one for under four grand I would buy it . No question of it.

So does that mean your buying the one @Mickey‌ has mentioned? It's under 4k. You'll even have $200 left to fill it once or twice with lump. Plus...You'll get to meet up with another Egghead. I see an XXL in your future.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @stemc33‌
    Wouldn't want to haul it that far. It's a days ride for me. If I could find one that price locally I most defiantly could see me getting one. Or even one that could be shipped so the liability wasn't on me. One is in my future one way or the other.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• badinfluence
    @sgh sent you a message brother
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    I saw the XXL at Elliot's in Plano this weekend.....It's very big, but in my mind I expected bigger for that price....$4,999.00

LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Mickey
    Angus1978 said:

I saw the XXL at Elliot's in Plano this weekend.....It's very big, but in my mind I expected bigger for that price....$4,999.00

Wow

• badinfluence
    Yeah...wow is right way over what i paid

Clinton, Iowa
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    It's not big enough to me to justify not just getting 2 XLs instead. And the XL grids/accessories are already a bit unwieldy.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

Mick,

Pick one up for me and drop it off on your next Canadian vacation will ya? I'll pay you on delivery.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey

Mick,

Pick one up for me and drop it off on your next Canadian vacation will ya? I'll pay you on delivery.

>:/

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    henapple said:
    We can put little stefon in it

Jerkwater

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Don't drop that one on your leg...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    edited August 2014
    How many Mangrates could an XXL hold? That could be really heavy, man!
  • Mickey
    edited August 2014
    Just found out it is the "Limited Edition". Have more info coming. Something about the band and??? The XXL is available as a Limited Edition in 2014 at select dealers around the world. The first 1000 delivered will feature a special Commemorative Plaque and a Certificate of Authenticity as a Big Green Egg founder, “Ed Fisher Limited Edition XXL EGG.”

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    for that kind of $$ why not buy 3-4 larges or a couple Xl's????
    Large, small, and a mini
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832

for that kind of $$ why not buy 3-4 larges or a couple Xl's????

Because you already have enough large an XL BGEs, right @badinfluence‌? :))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker