Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

13 Cooks in 2 1/2 Days with the Mighty Mini!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @cazzy‌
    I know that the price varies from place to place and area to area but that being said the ones in stores around here range from 375-425 dollars with the nest. That's why I jumped on the 300 dollar deal. Wonder if Mickey would ship?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Time to throw down!!!imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    @SGH, notsure if you had you PS (post script) active for a while on your signature block, but I do have to say I love the shout out to the Nature Boy, and your cooks are GREAT!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    @thetrim‌
    The Nature Boy was the real deal!! Not sure how long that I have had it on there but it's been a while. And thank you for the kind words my friend.

imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• thetrim
    @SGH Then I just noticed it.  Great stuff.  Keep up the good work!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    @thetrim‌
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

• bearBGE
    bearBGE Posts: 129
    Dang I'm starting to want a mini

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    SGH said:

@cazzy‌
    I know that the price varies from place to place and area to area but that being said the ones in stores around here range from 375-425 dollars with the nest. That's why I jumped on the 300 dollar deal. Wonder if Mickey would ship?

No clue. Remember, these are demo eggs used for the day. However, I bought my small demo egg from Salado 2 years ago and it was unused. Everyone goes straight for the L and XL, so it's possible to get an unused mini too.

I recall Mickey posting that Ace had 1 or 2 left after last year, but they've likely found a home by now.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • thetrim
    @SGH and @Mickey know how to do the Mini justice
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    @bearBGE‌
    Get one brother. You will not regret it. I absolutely love mine. Haven't even lit the large since I got the mini.

Status- Standing by.

• bearBGE
    bearBGE Posts: 129
    @SGH
    If I win the fantasy football league I'm in I will by a mini for it is the stipulation however if I went out and bought a mini it would not even come close to the amount I'd have to pay in child support
  • SGH
    @thetrim‌
    Mickey is still the man at the moment on the mini. But I'm closing the window very fast! He better tighten up!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @bearBGE‌
    I hear ya brother. Nothing is worth causing a divorce!!

Status- Standing by.

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2014
    SGH said:
    @thetrim‌ The Nature Boy was the real deal!! Not sure how long that I have had it on there but it's been a while. And thank you for the kind words my friend. imageimage

That's it?!
    :-w

No prob.

I don't really know what I was expecting.

Magic, I guess.

:-/
    "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• SGH
    @Sardonicus‌
    Glad that you enjoy my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @Sardonicus‌
    It's all I could come up with to make it fit on the mini. I will hang one on the meat hooks in the big vertical.

Status- Standing by.

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700

Good night, my Friend.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• SGH
    @Sardonicus‌
    Have a good one brother.

Status- Standing by.

• @SGH‌ when are you doing a whole hog on the mini? It's about the only cook you've go left for it at this point. :D
  • SGH
    @ChillyWillis‌
    I will give it a shot but I feel that I will have to do it one piece at a time my friend! ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    I'm sorry to report to y'all that the watermelon did not turn out how that I hoped that it would. Just not what I had hoped for. No fault of the mini at all. Just not one of my better ideas. Oh well. I gave it a shot nonetheless. :-q

Status- Standing by.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Nice cooks, I just had my mini out at the lake with friends this past weekend.
    Smoked a 4 lb brisket, everyone loved it.
    Get a stone and do some indirects. My brisket was done in 4.5 hrs or so and I FTC for 2.
    No pics but I've done it before and posted pics.
    Enjoy
    Seattle, WA
  • How much lump have you used so far with all these cooks? Got an XL love it, but kills me on the charcoal for short/small cooks. I'm seeing a purchase in the future!!
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • SGH
    @SkinnyV‌
    Thank you brother skinny for the kind words.
    @StillSmoken‌
    Brother you are not going to believe me but I have honest to goodness used less than 6 handfuls for all the cooks that I have posted. The small amount of fuel consumed is unbelievable compared to my large. That is partly why I keep using the mini. It cost mere pennies per cook in lump where as my large costs several dollars per cook in lump. The mini will more than pay for it's self in a few months in lump savings. I highly recommend a mini.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    3:00am snack off the mini. Marinated chicken kabob. imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Time to eat again.image

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Breakfast on the mini. Just because.image

Status- Standing by.

• Same here I barley use my large since I got the Mini. Feel bad for my Large like im cheating on it
  • SGH
    @SleepyHollow77‌
    I fully understand. My poor large is just sitting idle. May crank him up tonight though.

Status- Standing by.

• The amount of Lump that im saving is amazing.  I mostly cook for one person and has been the best purchase for me