Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

13 Cooks in 2 1/2 Days with the Mighty Mini!

Options

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @SGH, I am guessing you like your new plaything... :@)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    Without question or doubt. I love it brother. Fixing to buy another one. They are the real deal!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

@SGH

I finally read this thread and I want one!!!

I have been holding out for the Max but based on your cooks I cant go wrong with a mini.

Very nice looking cooks!

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @SGH is taking a mini to the max!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2014
    Options

Holy crap, SGH!

You must have the most well-fed [and grateful] children, wife, extended family, neighbors, fire department, Boy Scout troop,  cardiologist team, and congregation in the world!  =D>

The quality of your enviable cooks is out of this world, ^:)^

and the frequency and quantity are a source of bogglement!  @-)

You really are THE Man, man.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• SGH
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @EGGjlmh‌
    Brother if you can buy a mini tonight. You wont regret it. I have cooked on mine at least twice a day since I purchased it. Sometimes 4 or 5 times a day. It's just a joy to use and it uses very little lump as well. I highly recommend a mini. Haven't used my large since I got the mini.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @Sardonicus‌ @johnkitchens‌
    Thank y'all for the kind words my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

@SGH

Thank you friend for always posting your finding and excellent cooks to share.  It is people like you that make this forum a wonderful place.

BTW, a mini is definitely in my future, $ is a little tight right now but it will happen!

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• SGH
    Options
    @EGGjlmh‌
    Thank you very much for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Not to be nosey, but what are minis going for these days? 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I remember watching the movie "Mr. Sardonicus when I was a kid and it scared the crap out of me.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Sardonicus
    edited August 2014
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    I remember watching the movie "Mr. Sardonicus when I was a kid and it scared the crap out of me.

I'm sardonic, not scary.
    ;)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• SGH
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌
    I got this one plus a nest and plate setter new in the box for 300 dollars. Someone my wife worked with won it as a prize and did not want it. Sold it to us on the spot. I was thrilled with the deal to say the least. Cazzy posted that he knew someone selling them new with the nest for 399 if I remember correct. He may can offer some insight if you are interested in one. I hope you get a mini. You will love it my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    When I get the logistics worked out this is next on the mini tonight.image

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    My son is begging for one! He is almost 16.  He told me he would pay for it himself. I didn't have a clue how much one cost. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think I still have turkey legs, turkey wings. Beef ribs and a few other items on you. Damn, you are catching up quick on the Mini.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    I'm catching up fast brother. You better get to cooking! Doing a shoulder on the mini tomorrow!
    @‌johnkitchens
    Get it for the little fellow. He will love it and so will you.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWesco
    JRWesco Posts: 57
    Options
    That cow lick is some good stuff @SGH‌ , raising the steaks is excellent as well... Used them both on some steaks last night ( they are good on chicken as well )
  • Sardonicus
    Options
    SGH said:
    When I get the logistics worked out this is next on the mini tonight.image

Naw.  Not the mini.
    Do it on the vertical . . . with hooks.

If anyone can do it . . .
    :|

• SGH
    Options
    @JRWesco‌
    Yes sir. They are all excellent products. I really like them.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @Sardonicus‌
    You may not believe this but I actually toyed with the idea of hanging it with meat hooks or jet net. Then I said no it's going on the mini one way or the other. I'm trying to one up brother Mickey on the mini !! ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    Do you use the standard lump grate or did you up grade to the high q on the mini?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Done deal. Time to eat !image

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    At some ones suggestion earlier I went with a 50/50 mix of blues hog. It is excellent mixed to say the least. Thanks for the tip.image

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    You are making me hungry! 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    SGH said:

@johnkitchens‌
    I got this one plus a nest and plate setter new in the box for 300 dollars. Someone my wife worked with won it as a prize and did not want it. Sold it to us on the spot. I was thrilled with the deal to say the least. Cazzy posted that he knew someone selling them new with the nest for 399 if I remember correct. He may can offer some insight if you are interested in one. I hope you get a mini. You will love it my friend.

No. Mickey sells them for $299 + tax at the Salado Eggfest. With a nest and lump me thinks. I'm picking one up at Salado, along with an XL for my FIL.

Not sure what they retail for, but it's prolly in the 350-400 range. $300 new is a great deal.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    That's a steal!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌
    Brother come on over and eat if you are hungry. Whipping up some 1 pound burgers as well!!imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    @SGH if you weren't 530 miles away I would be there in a second. You are a wild man! 

• SGH
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌
    Thank you brother. And you are always welcome here my friend.

Status- Standing by.