Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3-2-1 Baby Backs. Score! (pics)

Options
My son was in town and thought of slow ribs quickly gained traction.  Not to mention this would be my first time at ribs on the Egg.  Don't ask why.

We bought cryovac sealed ribs from Central Market.  I applied a light coating of mustard followed up with Kent Rathburn rub.  Here they are ready to go.  I was using applewood for this cook. 

My target dome temp was 250-260.  It took a while to get the egg to settle down from 290-300, but once it did, the temp was held perfectly for the remainder of the cook.

At the 3 hour mark, they were pulled and wrapped in heavy duty AF with some apple juice.

They were showing just a hint of bone.  The backyard was smelling porkalicious!

After two hours, I removed the ribs from the foil and let them go for one last hour on the egg.  The results were spectacular.  They were falling from the bone, but only with a small tug.  A great smoke ring. 

My son woke up this morning and had leftover ribs for breakfast.  Not much I would change for the next time.  Perhaps an apple spritz during the first three hours.  I will experiment with another rub.  But as for the mechanics of the cook, they were perfect.  As for the ribs, I was very impressed.  Lots of meat, lots of flavor. 
XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.

Comments