Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Beef Tenderloin and a full Saturday egging

Options
BigWader
BigWader Posts: 673
edited August 2014 in Beef

Here is my cook for some friends this past Saturday.  I've had the egg for 2 years but these friends have never gotten to taste anything from it.  So I decided to try and go all in.

Starters:     - ABTs and Stuffed Mushroom Caps (cheese platter not on the egg)

Main Course:

- Prime Beef Tenderloin with Rosemary and Herb crust (Food Network recipe)

- Twice Baked Potatoes (Cheddar, Sour Cream, Bacon, Green Onion, Cream)

- Proscuitto Wrapped Asparagus - finished with Balsamic Glaze

- Bernaise Sauce (Ruhlman 2 minute recipe)

- Fresh Homemade bread (Breadmaker recipe)

- Spring mix with Raspberry Vinaigrette, Goat Cheese, Berries and Pecans (store bought ingredients thrown together)

Sorry I don't have a plated pics - Service is always the most rushed part of any meal I make and when we sat down I was dying to try the tenderloin.

This tenderloin was the best piece of meat I've ever cooked.  Done to a perfect medium rare (edge to edge colour) and melt in your mouth goodness.  First time making Bernaise was a huge add on to the flavor.  We had more of it for dinner Sunday and even reheated my wife said it was among the best steaks she's ever had.

Served with a 2005 Chianti that I've been saving and finished with a 21 yr old Glenfiddich that ended the night. 

imageimageimage

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

Comments