Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

three pound tomahawks

Options
almost needed an xl
:D first picked mators with luger sauce

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    YES PLEASE!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Weeeeeeeeeee? Did you have a guest or did you pull a SGH?
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    How many were you feeding?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    DANG
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Debating ordering some from Lafreida...very jealous :D
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    seems to have been too long since ive cooked a steak, dont even remember the last one. my local market is being boycotted til they rehire the  ceo that was recentlyl fired so i had to go to a high end place where these were on sale, the arm was twisted
    :)) just me and dad and one happy dog. hope they fix my market basket problem, i cant afford to eat like this
    :))
    fukahwee maine

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Ridiculousness. =D>
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    What species of dinosaur did those come off of?
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Holy Cow. Literally
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Very nice! =D>
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks par excellent. Why so few? Not very hungry today? ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Just love those pics..esp. the plated money shot...Can it get any better than that?????...I don't think so..Awesome post.
    ^:)^
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Eggcellent looking Brontosaurus steaks.  :-O

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JHands
    JHands Posts: 78
    Options
    Beautiful. Admittedly I still haven't mastered steak yet. Can't get the sear marks down. Might buy a cast iron grate
  • Phatchris
    Options
    @fishlessman‌ where did you get them?I'm on the Northshore and never see Tomahawks!
  • SGH
    Options
    @Phatchris‌
    You can buy rib steaks and trim them into tomahawks. It's how I do it. You can ask your butcher to trim them for you if you prefer .

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Phatchris
    Options
    @SGH‌ thanks for the tip, I didn't think rib steaks had the long bone like tomahawks.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Phatchris‌
    Ask for full bone in rib steaks. The bone will be exactly the length that you are looking for. Ask them NOT to square it up. Leave it full length or in the rough.

Status- Standing by.

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    @fishlessman‌ where did you get them?I'm on the Northshore and never see Tomahawks!
    Try Whole Foods (Whole Paycheck!)
  • SGH
    Options
    @Phatchris‌
    Forgot to say you are welcome my friend. Glad to help.

Status- Standing by.

• Phatchris
    Options
    @SGH‌ thanks a bunch :D
    @Sundown‌ Whole Paycheck is my regular store, I'll have to use @SGH‌ suggestion.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Phatchris‌
    Glad to offer what I can. It usually isn't much but I try my friend .

Status- Standing by.

• fishlessman
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    used to see them at the meathouse with a shorter bone and called cowboy but the owners screwed the investors and i believe they closed down the newengland stores. these i found at "mckinnons market and super butcher shop" in  salem nh, they have stores in portsmouth everett and danvers but i only know the salem store. im not sure if all the stores buy the same, the salem store must buy bigger sections because i sometimes see these, bone in strip steaks, bone in pork loins, and they have a really decent fish market. still waiting for the return of demoulas market basket though, i cant afford to shop at these overpriced grocery stores
    fukahwee maine

• Phatchris
    Options
    @fishlessman thanks, funny thing is I'm never in Salem NH and happened to be there yesterday... Should of stopped in McKinnons.,, brought my son up to Canobie
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    @fishlessman thanks, funny thing is I'm never in Salem NH and happened to be there yesterday... Should of stopped in McKinnons.,, brought my son up to Canobie
    its right around the corner from canobie and they sometimes have basque maplewood lump by the checkout which is a pretty descent lump. did you take the train, its an authentic antique steam locomotive built in the 1920's, ive rebuilt it a couple times

fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Awesome! Did you pre sear then raised direct?
    canuckland
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    Chicago steak houses got nuttin on you....believe I 'll have a beer with the pics of the finished steak!!!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• fishlessman
    Options

Awesome! Did you pre sear then raised direct?
    heavey salt and set out for about 1.5 hours, seared, rested with cracked pepper and a drizzle balsamic, then roasted at 325 til done
    fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Thanks!
    canuckland