Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I watched some professionals egg today

Options
I went to a Hops festival this afternoon, where 12 chefs competed cooking on Big Green Eggs.  Not an Eggfest, but it was sponsored in part by my local dealer  and there were two folks from BGE working the crowd. At any rate, it was interesting to see what they cooked - everything had to be cooked on the egg.  One made a cheesecake (baked in a water bath on the egg), one did porchetta, another braised chicken in beer, then boiled gnocchi, grilled veggies, and prepared a sauce (he won the competition).  Another smoked a beef tongue, seared venison backstrap, and made soft pretzels (they were good but looked like piles of dog s***).  Only a couple had a little experience with the BGE, but all seemed to be really impressed with the flexibility and temp control.   I actually helped a couple with vent settings - trying to raise the temp with the DFMT nearly closed.  

All in all, a great afternoon.  I sampled all the cooks,drank a lot of local craft beers, and watched 3 chefs and 3 attendees win large egg packages.  It was a real success for all the vendors, they have already decided to do it again next year.
XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
Rochester, NY

Comments