Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ladies or the weak at heart, do NOT open this post...seriously.

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Decided to make some stuffed peppers that my neighbor brought me. They're really not hot and the kids love them. Sliced and cleaned under cold water, finished, and the pbr kicked in. Took a quick bathroom break, washed up and went bac.....holy $%@#. I broke the number one rule of working with peppers. Great balls of fire. I couldn't feel my legs. Walking around the cave with an ice pack in my briefs and trying to cook.

I know, I know. Pics or it didn't happen. ..I'll spare you.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    edited August 2014
    Clearly TMI...you must have very sensitive hands :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Sounds like something is cooking and it isn't on your Egg. Thanks for not sharing pics. X_X I'll take your word that it happened and hope I always remember to take proper precautions.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    =):))  [-X

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Lol, at least it was a #1! I had diarrhea shortly after eating really spicy tacos, and, well... I hopped right in the shower.
    Dunedin, FL
  • boochsr71
    boochsr71 Posts: 267
    ^#(^ :bz

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Like watching those guys that fall on their crotch trying to ride hand rails on their skateboard, my legs involuntarily crossed and I winced in pain just thinking about you while reading this. Not good. 

Hope the peppers turn out better than their effect on the chef. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Yep, I'd say some Eggs were cooking!!!!  

Unfortunately, I've been there!  Years back was meeting the parents of a mistake of a girlfriend from Louisiana, and was given the job of prepping peppers.  Well, we had a little rondesvouz while dinner was cooking and we were both cooking ourselves as well!!

Like I said, mistake of a girlfriend!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Cardinal rule broken....and your best friend pays the heat (price). :))

Wish I could say my junk and eyes haven't faced the same pepper wrath :((
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited August 2014
    I hate it when that happens. It's always funny when somebody else does it though. =))
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    edited August 2014
  • My first go at making hot sauce was probably in the top ten worst days of my life...I invaded Iraq, but this was much hotter, and in worse spots!
  • CP92
    CP92 Posts: 321
    Done it before too.Mine occurred when the Mrs called me to come pick her up at work. Took a quick leak before I ran off to get her. Hit me about three minutes later. Another 10-15 to get home and get in the shower. Won't ever do it again.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Goodness, gracious..... :))

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• henapple
    The best fix I found is pour bourbon. ..in a huge glass. Drink and repeat as needed.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Been there, done that.  I had to jump in the shower.
    And then remove my clothes.  
    :-<

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• henapple
    Everything is "cool" now. Pigshots on and chicken leg lollipops in the dugout.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Ouch, glad to hear you've recovered.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Now that you have been there and done that, did you get the T-shirt?
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • henapple
    No shirt. ..just a golf towel. Soaked in cold ice water.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    So basically you are trying to let everyone know you think your "Junk is Hottttt" !!!!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    This is hilarious. Done that on all you can eat wing night with my contact lens and eyes...never my stuff. Just too funny. @GalanteNate_OneEa thank you for your service!!!
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    That's a spicy sausage! >:)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Tony it could have been worse. You might have been eating Cheetos and been painted orange as well.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• GalanteNate_OneEa
    GalanteNate_OneEa Posts: 967
    edited August 2014
    @ksmyrl thanks much! was just trying to outline how incredibly hot and miserable habaneros can be lol!  
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Were these bell peppers? Your spice tolerance is pathetic, lol.
    Dunedin, FL
  • henapple
    edited August 2014
    Mickey said:

Tony it could have been worse. You might have been eating Cheetos and been painted orange as well.

I'm a Tennessee Volunteers fan...it is orange.
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    @GalanteNate_OneEa‌ I know, you weren't bragging...but you can if you want. I didn't serve and I so appreciate those who did/do. That's why we all get to sit here on a Sunday night and talk about outdoor cooking. Cause of folks like you. Sorry to hijack the post...I still think henapple's pepper story is funny.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • nothing funny about a peppered peter burn
  • My friend had unprotected anal sex with a woman he had just met. The next day he had severe burning in the tip of his penis and believed he'd contracted an STD. He went to the clinic and the doctor removed a jalapeño seed lodged in his penis. The woman had eaten nachos the previous day.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832

My friend had unprotected anal sex with a woman he had just met. The next day he had severe burning in the tip of his penis and believed he'd contracted an STD. He went to the clinic and the doctor removed a jalapeño seed lodged in his penis. The woman had eaten nachos the previous day.

I really hope that's not a true story...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker