Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Block party brisket

Options
Going on shortly for dinner tomorrow. Egg is getting up to temp and burning off the acrid smoke. Hope it turns out!

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Good luck. Looking forward to see how it turns out. After this, every time your neighbors smell smoke, they will find an excuse to show up to see what you are cooking.
    mrw123 Posts: 202
    Options
    They've been doing that for years! That's why we're having the block party. We live on a small street with just 3 neighbors. When they smell smoke they stop by for a chat! I've been making extra for almost every cook. That way I can give them a chicken to take home or at least a sample of whatever I'm making. I don't mind. I love egging and everyone loves my food. I feel good and my friends are happy. All good!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @mrw123-Obviously not your first BGE rodeo.  Welcome aboard and enjoy the rest of the journey.  Would love to live in such a neighborhood!  You will be the hit of the party with that hunk of beef.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • mrw123
    Options
    Went on at 10pm. It's now 1:15 and the IT is 184. Climbing slooooowly, but right on schedule. Beautiful little wisps of smoke coming out the top. Smells GOOD!
  • mrw123
    Options
    FTC now. In an hour I'll separate the point and turn it into burnt ends. We eat in two hours!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Standing by for the final results.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    @mrw123-Seeing your disagreement on my above post-any enlightenment you care to share? 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • mrw123
    Options
    lousubcap said:

@mrw123-Seeing your disagreement on my above post-any enlightenment you care to share? 

Yep. Fat fingers! Sorry about that! Has been corrected.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @mrw123-thanks-just wondered what I missed-enjoy that brisket and the block party.  Lucky you!
  • mrw123
    Options
    Melting garlic and burnt ends getting happy