Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Busy Christmas for the egg

SmokingInMO
SmokingInMO Posts: 169
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yes I was a bad boy and didn't take any pictures but the egg has been working its butt off all weekend. Friday night was a traditional prime rib for Christmas, followed by a Trexed London Broil on Saturday. Christmas Day I cooked up a couple of Tri-Tips for Christmas dinner for the family dinner and four foster kids (my brothers). The teenage kids had never eaten Tri-tip and were impressed to say the least. Got some baby backs going right now for dinner tonight. Thinking I will add another egg to the family here in a month or so.

Comments

• Kinger
    Kinger Posts: 147
    SmokingInMO,[p]Sounds very familiar. Also sounds really good! You will enjoy the second egg. I picked up a small to go with my Large and really like it. I will probably pack up the small and take it with me to Virginia tomorrow. I too had a busy egg. Tri Tip Roast with a few tri tip steaks for the kids Thurs night. Salmon on Friday night. Kielbasa and Pierogi on Christmas Eve. Wings and some dizzy pig and cheese stuffed hot dogs for Christmas afternoon snacks. Strip steaks and Beef Tenderloin for Christmas dinner. I kinda messed up and got the steaks done before the tenderloin and will have to plan better next time. Ended up slicing the tenderloin and tossing the slices on the egg to hurry them along. I have some frozen shrimp thawing for this afternoons snack and am not quite sure what to do with them. Does anyone have an idea for me? I plan on doing two spatchcocked chickens tonight. [p]JNK
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    SmokingInMO,
    Sounds like a great Christmas!!