Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mom leaves tomorrow = best dinner ever

Options
So my mom came out across Canada to visit me for the past week and a bit. She leaves tomorrow and tonight was our last dinner and I have to say it was the best yet. Throughout the week we egged everyday and the menu included pork butt, smoked lasagna, spatchcocked chicken, pork steaks, cedar planked nachos, ABT's, and moink balls. I have to say every dinner turned out great and was enjoyed by all but tonight's dinner topped them all. Today we picked up some filet mignons, some lobster tail's, corn on the cob, cauliflower, fresh mushrooms, and some large potatoes that we twice baked. I'll attempt to add some pics and describe what I did. Any questions please ask. image As you can see I had a full egg. The twice baked potatoes are pretty simple and I am sure you all know how to do them. The mushrooms I used a small cast iron pan with some garlic butter and let them fry away. The cauliflower I cooked in microwave for 4 mins with water then put a skewer through them and cooked for about 15 mins then removed and added honey and salt and pepper then returned them to the eg for 15 mins. The lobster tails although not fresh were skewered and heated in egg with a coat of butter. It was now time to add the steaks. I did the reverse sear method and did this till an internal temp of 110. I then removed the plate setter and cranked the temp. I also added another larger cast iron pan with some butter in it. When the egg reached about 700 I placed the steaks on the pan and let them sizzle for about 1 min on each side. imageimage It was now time to eat... The corn didn't make it to the egg tonight and was boiled instead... I enjoy it on the egg but I simply need a second egg. image Not much left... image Time to diet....
Chilliwack, BC, Canada

Comments