Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monday-Friday Cooks

Options
I know we all love to show off the big primals, the massive cooks, the beautiful slabs of mahogany ribs. BUT-no pun intended, what do you cook for your day to day average cooks, the ones that are easy, quick and fairly bullet proof? The ones you do that you don't post pictures of. For the people that egg four days a week, what do eat Monday through Friday?
Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Anything from burgers to ribs. I try to have a least one spatchcock a week. I basically only work three days a week. Sun-tues. I work every other Saturday, but that really don't count because it's only an 8 hour day. Plus, I'm a night shifter, so I'm sure my norm is way different than the average.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Hamburgers, spatchcock chicken, St.Louis style ribs, and hot dogs and baked beans are my favorite.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • SpartanPride
    Options
    Pizza, spatchcock, bbq chicken breasts, burgers, chicken breast cut up on salad, pork tenderloin, kabobs... 
  • Hankyorke
    Hankyorke Posts: 146
    Options
    Pork steaks, steaks, burgers, pizza, bone in chicken breasts, etc....

LBGE

BTFU!

• Acorn
    Acorn Posts: 163
    Options
    Grilled chicken is an every week meal, it also yeilds excellent left overs.
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    Chops,burgers,pizzas,boneless chiick breast,hotdogs, grilled fish and etc.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Spatchcocks - 3 minutes prep, 20 minutes to temp, 50 minutes to cook. Great leftovers too. 

Burgers - always make extra for lunches

Steaks - same

Pork Tenderloin

Pizza - homemade sauce takes some time. 

Fish - with Raging River and 10 minutes to cook 

A Sunday Butt makes for great leftovers Monday
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Steak, chops, chicken, or fish with grilled roasted or wok'd veggies. Nearly every night.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum