Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easy dinner and announcement

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    henapple said:
    @Foghorn‌. ..I can see your son cooking you under the table.

I'll take that as a compliment on my mentorship.  The next step is to get him to tell me to "Get out of the way.  Just go relax and enjoy your adult beverage."  I'm going to have to burn a couple of things and be more annoying  and critical of what he is cooking to get to that level.  It's coming.  :)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Congrats man! No wonder you're building that castle! :D
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Excellent post. Congrats =D>
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Congrats Cazzy, easy cook or not, you've been busy!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Congrats!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Snip... Snip... Snip...
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Congratulations!
    GWN
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Always room for an Egghead in Training! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Congratulations Cazzy..Yeah another tummy to feed..Need more Eggs.. 8->
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @cazzy‌ great looking cook and congratulations! The reveal was very cleaver.

I believe you will not have an issue getting your son interested. I learned from my mother as well and then later on from a Greek guy I worked for in the restaurant I worked at. Teaching them that cooking isn't a chore or hassel, but showing them a different side to show your love to family and friends.

Definitely good times in the future!

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
  • Holepuncher
    Options
    Congrats! wish we could have had more.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Congrats man. I want another too. I have a son, 17 months. Did you plan or just let it happen? Lol
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Congrats! (And cool announcement)
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Congratulations my friend.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• boochsr71
    boochsr71 Posts: 267
    Options
    Congrats!!!!

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

Snip... Snip... Snip...

We both are hoping for another boy. If we have one, snip snip snip will likely happen. If we have another daughter, the thought of possibly having a 4th daughter may just be cray enough to be done too. We will see what happens.

My mom would always refer to my brother and I as "my boys". With that, I kind of want to have "my boys" too. :)

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    Options

@cazzy‌ great looking cook and congratulations! The reveal was very cleaver.

CPARKTX said:

Congrats! (And cool announcement)

Wife and I think Pinterest get credit for that one. I thought it was fun. The whole table got it around table figured it out around the same time so it was pretty cool. :)
  • cazzy
    Options

Congrats! wish we could have had more.

You can always adopt! We might actually do that when we're done having children. Nothing would please us more than being able to give a child a chance to succeed and to be loved. We would want a 8-10 yo though.
  • cazzy
    Options
    GATABITES said:

Congrats man. I want another too. I have a son, 17 months. Did you plan or just let it happen? Lol

As my wife put it, we were not not trying, so yeah, we just let it happen. Our kids together will be 4 and 2 when our new addition comes so it definitely appears planned. :)
  • cazzy
    Options
    Much thanks to everyone!! :D
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Congrats, dude!!

And hey, the "trying" is the fun part :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    Congrats and great looking food!!
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Congratulations
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Snip... Snip... Snip...
    We both are hoping for another boy. If we have one, snip snip snip will likely happen. If we have another daughter, the thought of possibly having a 4th daughter may just be cray enough to be done too. We will see what happens. My mom would always refer to my brother and I as "my boys". With that, I kind of want to have "my boys" too. :)

I absolutely love "my boys". (Not to mention that if I had had a daughter, I'm fairly certain one of us wouldn't have survived. :) )
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Congrats!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Great cook and congrats on the new baby. That's my kind of sandwich. When you posted that you bought the sausage in Beeville, that got my attention. I live in Oklahoma but travel to south Texas all the time for work. There's a lot of good local meat markets in south Texas, the home of steak, brisket and bacon. Texas is where I plan to retire in a few years.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Congrats Cazzy and Mrs. C. 
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    cazzy said:
    Great cook - and my condolences. Although with a lot of effort, in 17 years you can get to where I am. I'm told that I'm no longer a necessary component of great grilled food as my son does it at least as well as I do.
    I hope my son takes an interest in grilling (or cooking). If he does, he will be a freaking boss!!! ;)

No doubt.  Just recognize that kids don't typically take an interest in grilling - but they sometimes take an interest in "fire".  Your journey will be very different from mine.  You're already an expert.  My son and I took the journey together.  I'm definitely drawn to this sort of stuff, but with my busy work schedule, I have to spend any spare time I have trying to make it high quality family time.  If my son weren't interested in it, we would have spent our time doing something else that was of interest to him. 

Hopefully, your offspring will take more interest in grilling than mine did in basketball (that's what I envisioned us doing when I was at your stage)...

This basketball? How is that cooked?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I've egged butt and sausage at the same time many times before. Never thought to put the sausage on the sammich with the pull pork though. Gonna have to try that. Gongrats on the little one! I hope we have had our last.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .