Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Briskets on!

Options
The brisket is a fourteen pound CAB and I didn't trim off a whole lot. I'm cooking it fat cap down over a drip pan with some water in it. I'm using oak chunks for smoke and the oak wasn't easy to find. I've been looking everywhere and finally found some two hours away. I rubbed the brisket with some Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks. I'll update in the morning! image
NW IOWA

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Can't wait to see it. Hope you knock it out of the park. Good luck.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Nice looking brisket.^^^^^

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Good luck with your overnight journey. Hope all turns out moist excellent!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Any brisket cook any time is great-now, some are greater than others but that's parsing eggcellence! Enjoy the eats!  And I am not from Texas!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    I was going to do it @cazzy‌ style and cook it sideways! Try to put an end to that fat cap up/down crap!
    NW IOWA
  • Philly35
    Options
    I forgot to mention I'm using Rockwood for the first time also. My initial impression was that there were no big chunks. They are all small. My RO has much bigger chunks. I'll post a review after I go through the couple bags I got. The dealer I picked it up from had a flat cart to wheel it out to the car and he just threw the bags on the cart. I'm sure that didn't help.
    NW IOWA
  • Philly35
    Options
    Well after 13 hours things are looking good. The meats at 174 and the grate temp is sitting at 220. The fire got a little low over the night but a quick vent adjustment got it right back. It looks a little dry on top, is there anything I can do or will it turn out after it's done, pulled and ftc'ed? Fat cap is down.
    NW IOWA
  • Philly35
    Options
    15 hours later and it's at 194 and probing like buttah! It's ftc'ed right now.
    NW IOWA
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    What time is dinner? :)
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• mslaw
    mslaw Posts: 241
    Options
    Looks great.thanks for sharing.
  • Philly35
    Options
    And the finish. Very tender and for moistness, I'd give it a 6.5 out of ten. The beans were awesome!imageimage
    NW IOWA