Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

another temp control question...

in the process of ribs, i opened the egg, removed the ribs to wrap in foil with apple juice.closed the lid while doing so, put them back and it took a very long
time for the temp to come back to where it was, about 240.  i had to open the vents to get it to kick up.  is this normal?  Thanks for all your past help and in
advance for this...

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    If you have fuel left just leave it alone & it will come back up to temp.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    What kind of controller?  Does it have lid open detect?  Sometimes that feature gets screwed up and doesn't detect the lid is closed again.
  • victor1
    victor1 Posts: 225
    What kind of controller?  Does it have lid open detect?  Sometimes that feature gets screwed up and doesn't detect the lid is closed again.
    No controller.  Just seemed to take a long time to come up.  I opened the vents to speed it up and then closed down when correct temp reached Temp held well. When the ribs were done, I removed the PS and went direct to caramelize etc.  Temp then shot up like a rocket.  I'm still in the "learning" stage so appreciate all of your input.