Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT new toy

Options
Ok so mine and a buddy's new toy is just about done. It was pulled outside and painted today. I would guess that we will be smoking something on it by the weekend. Here are a few pics. Let the games begin. imageimageimage

Comments

• ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    What. a. monster!

Happy cooking!!

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    WOW!!! - Otherwise speechless...
    Santa Paula, CA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Very nice! Are you going to compete or cater with it?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice! Chicken grill up front?

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Can't wait to see some cook pics.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • tulocay
    Options
    Can you share the manufacturer or model number? Website?
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Nice my friend. Is it reverse flow, tuned or direct feed?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Love it! @Firemanyz‌ :-bd
    How many coats did ya end up doing? It looks absolutely phenomenal!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    @Eggcelsior‌ plan is to do catering but I'm not going to rule out a competition or two down the road.

@DMW yes you are right that is a chicken cooker up front. It is also going to triple up as a flat open grill for burgers/dogs and last night we added another item to be built. A lid about 14" tall so that we can cook a whole hog in it. The fella building it went today to get some more metal to finish it up.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Sounds great. Charcoal pan for burgers/dogs will double as heat diffuser/drip pan for pig? If so, be sure it has a way to drip put to a spout that goes outside. Whole pigs gives a lot of drippings. Would hate to see a drip pan overflow and start a grease fire.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    @tulocay‌ no model number or website just a local fella that built one for us to use at the firehouse and now two of us decided to start cooking as a little side gig. Not sure where you are located at but it was built on the eastern shore of maryland.

@sgh they are both set up as reverse flow

@NPHuskerFL‌ as to how many coats of paint, I'm not sure but I can tell you that I bought the paint yesterday and it was a total of 1 gal of rustolium high temp paint. At noon today it was still bare metal and at 3 is when I took the pics. If I had to guess I would say it's only one coat but I'll find out for you.
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    @dmw thanks for the info the whole hog thing was just added yesterday. So it's in the planning stages as to drip pan ideas. Also we may make it convertible into a rotisserie but not sure yet. One idea we kicked around list night was a square type expanded metal box to put the hog in then run a shaft through it and hook it to a variable speed motor. But as I said it's still up in the air.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Firemanyz‌ all I can say is that's a wood eating, sweet smoking, protein loving beast. Ya gotta post a cook off this thing. That is a tailgating wet dream ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Firemanyz‌
    Nice my friend. The reverse flow is definitely easier on the operator. No having to move tuning and deflector plates around. Congratulations and enjoy my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Very nice man and congrats!  Looking forward to seeing meat on this monster. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Now that is a leap forward that not even the XXL could touch.  Very nice set-up. And you can post pics and stories from that rig on this forum...All good!  Enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Can you drive that thing around while you're smoking?

Seems convenient but also pretty funny.
    On the convenience side...you can start the cook at home and then drive it to the event you are catering.
    On the funny side...you spread the smell of BBQ all the way along...   LOL

You need to post some cooking pictures on that or it's predecessor!
    LBGE/Maryland
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @Firmanyz. Yard Art you can eat off! A perfect combination. Keep us posted. Love that thing.
    @nolaegghead. Apologies for the preposition at the end of the sentence.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Firemanyz
    Options
    Here it is being lit up for the first time. We are cooking 190# of top round for a hospice fundraiser. image
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Very nice.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Fitting way to break it in- hope it works perfectly and thanks for your help raising money for a very needed organization.
    Greensboro, NC
  • tulocay
    Options
    Good luck with the cook
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Congratulations and happy cooking on it..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Nice. You lite it just like I do my Eggs =D>
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Firemanyz
    Options
    Breakfest is almost done.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Nice!!!!  Cooking ON the firebox!!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Thats a serious piece of equipment. Looks super!
    Jacksonville FL
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    That's awesome. Have you pulled it yet?

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I live that, especially the firebox griddle. I also like how you and your friend each has a separate side.
    Dunedin, FL