Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Come by and say hello.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
If anyone is going to be in or around the New Orleans area tomorrow please come by and introduce yourself. I will be assisting Nolaegghead with his cook tomorrow. Would love to meet y'all in person. Hope to see y'all there my friends.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Wish I could be there. Would love to hang out with you guys.
    Options
    I would love to meet you brother as well as many others. Maybe one day my friend.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Wish I could come down there and hang out and drink @nolaegghead‌ booze as well. When you get back to PA, lots of eggheads to meet.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    @DMW
    I would love to meet you brother. Maybe I will make it up your way again when time permits.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    And bring oysters!
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Preach it brother!!

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Is this a post Birthday Cook?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    Just a cook for some of Nola's friends,

Status- Standing by.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Can we cook on your ( or your wife's) mini and drive Nola's Porsche? I'd buy mufalattas at the Central Market for all!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    Options
    @thetrim‌
    Absolutely. Come on by and say hello. I will be in NO around 3:00pm.

Status- Standing by.

• thetrim
    Options
    Wish I could.  Love that town and their "Big Ass Beers"
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Okay, so much talk about NO has me seriously remembering what I consider one of my best meals ever. Please, please, please if you are going to be there go to whatever place you think has the best bbq shrimp. Please dip some bread into that wonderful sauce and just take a moment to...ah, bliss. After a few surgeries, I don't even eat shrimp anymore....too hard on the tummy...but the memory of that taste. Lie to me if you must. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    I was there last Sunday night with Nola. We ate some very fine BBQ shrimp at a place called OceanA. I highly recommend it.

Status- Standing by.

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited August 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Mickey‌ Just a cook for some of Nola's friends,
    And now open to every and anyone! 
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• thetrim
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:
    Okay, so much talk about NO has me seriously remembering what I consider one of my best meals ever. Please, please, please if you are going to be there go to whatever place you think has the best bbq shrimp. Please dip some bread into that wonderful sauce and just take a moment to...ah, bliss. After a few surgeries, I don't even eat shrimp anymore....too hard on the tummy...but the memory of that taste. Lie to me if you must. :)
    Pascal's Manale was the original and still best at BBQ Shrimp

http://pascalsmanale.com/

Holy crap on the webpage picture
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    I think
     @Hapster took their pictures for them
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Only if I can stop in Abita and grab some beer from them!  My buddy is a brew master there; so I have to stop in every time I am in the area!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    One of these days I will make it over there.  SWMBO has me moving rocks today :(
    NOLA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    thetrim said:
    PNWFoodie said:
    Pascal's Manale was the original and still best at BBQ Shrimp

http://pascalsmanale.com/

Holy crap on the webpage picture

They're good, and the original, but not the best, IMO. 

They are also very easy to make yourself.
    NOLA